Deine Lakaien - One hour radio special

kazamel

I am a Darkstar
Hi,
A little while ago, we at Kagan did a one hour special on Deine Lakaien on local station Radio Scorpio, Leuven, Belgium. This was the tracklist:

1. Deine Lakaien .1. Colour-ize
- Deine Lakaien (1986/1991 Gymnastic records)
2. Deine Lakaien .2. Reincarnation
- Dark star (1991 Gymnastic records)
3. Deine Lakaien .11. Traitors
- Dark star tour '92 (1992 Gymnastic records)
4. Qntal .4. Pour mau tens
- Qntal I (1992 Gymnastic records)
5. Run Run Vanguard .4. Keyvent
- Suck success (1993 Gymnastic records)
6. Deine Lakaien .3. Madiel
- Mindmachine (1994 Gymnastic records)
7. Project Pitchfork .2. Renascence (Opera mix)
- Renascence (1994 Off Beat)
8. Qntal .3. Fruhling
- Qntal II (1995 Gymnastic records)
9. Deine Lakaien .15. Resurrection machine
- Acoustic (1995 Gymnastic records)
10. Estampie .4. Maugrez touz sainz
- Crusaders - in nomine domini (1996 Christophorus)
11. Veljanov .3. Lay down
- Secrets of the silver tongue (1998 Motor music)
12. Helium Vola .3. Omnis mundi creatura
- Helium vola (2001 Chrom records)
13. Deine Lakaien .9. Death-raft
- 1987 - The early works (2003 Chrom records)

Very fun to do, although I must admit that hearing back the recorded show, makes me want to do it again, but then better  :oops:
Had intended so much more, but due to a lack of time everything DL did after 1995 had to be dropped  :cry:

That sounds really cool.  :-D
kazamel meinte:
Very fun to do, although I must admit that hearing back the recorded show, makes me want to do it again, but then better  :oops:
Had intended so much more, but due to a lack of time everything DL did after 1995 had to be dropped   :cry:

Why so?

pandora84 meinte:
Well, I wasn't satisfied by the mixes I did, so there was room for improvement. And it was only the second time we did such a special (first one was on Wolfsheim), so that means our host needed to get used to the idea of reading a biography in stead of just announcing some news and the next track on the playlist. And last but not least, I had planned to present an overview of their career. But as I had to drop everything more recent then 1995 - because the radio show only lasts one hour - I skipped about half of their legacy  :|
Last week 's special on The Sisters of Mercy went a lot better.

Well, great that you had the chance to do this special about DL
on that radio station. 

Maybe you can do a second one, with the more recent works.
I keep my fingers crossed, that this will happen. :)

By the way, is there an internet stream or only normal broadcast?

Greetings
Queeny

We don't have online streaming audio, sorry about that. I do have a digital recording of the entire show, but that's a file of some 90MB, so kinda hard to share I guess  :wink:

A follow-up show is not such a bad idea, I'm taking it into consideration!

In Germany it is legal to record an Internet stream for personal use,
but it is illegal to share it publicly on websites.

Moderator3 meinte:
In Germany it is legal to record an Internet stream for personal use,
but it is illegal to share it publicly on websites.

Sorry to interfere.....but this is just plain wrong information!
If you have the permission of the owner of the copyright you can OF COURSE share it with everyone you want to.
So if kazamel wants to share his or her own radio show with other people on the net, what's the problem with that?

monochrome meinte:
Sorry to interfere.....but this is just plain wrong information!
If you have the permission of the owner of the copyright you can OF COURSE share it with everyone you want to.
So if kazamel wants to share his or her own radio show with other people on the net, what's the problem with that?
Hello Monochrome,

I would like to remind you what the law is, because apparently you have no idea. The copyright owner is the person who created the recorded material, or who acquired the rights. Using materials (DL songs for example) in your own "show" does not make you the copyright owner of the entire material. In the broadcasting business, you acquire the right to broadcast recored materials for a specific purpose, and you have to declare it and pay the collections organizations (like GEMA in Germany) to pay the music authors. All other materials (like spoken parts, with self written text) are of course under the ownership of the person who created the show.

Everybody is permitted (it is not a legal right given to the recorder) to record a radio show for personal use, in the strict restriction of the family circle. Sharing this show broadly, for example over the internet, beside a legal context (Radio broadcasting for example) without any declaration is totally illegal, and in this forum we cannot support this.

Of course we are thankful if our members are telling us about upcoming shows (or past shows) which will be broadcasted by an official Radio (over the Air or Internet) in a legal way. This information are for the interest of all fan of Deine Lakaien, and we are please to see it here :) And thanks to Kazamel for letting us know about this show. Next time, if you want to tell us before such show happens we could also advertise it on our site :)

But now any illegal link to an illegal shared recorded content will be deleted from this forum, as we would be responsible for the propagation of such material.

I hope it makes the discussion clearer, and that we avoid this kind of reminder to the law in future.

Thank you,

Administrator

No problem for me. I understand that you had to remove the link due to copyright restrictions. But of course, the file is out there somewhere, that's out of my hands.
I'll make sure I post here before I do another DL special, instead of after. Hopefully by that time our radio station will broadcast online as well.  :wink:

Hello Kazamel,

Thank you for your post, and your understanding. Of course next time we'll support you as we can for your next show :) Concerning broadcasting over the internet, have you taken a look at radionomy.com. It will enter a restricted beta phase, but candidatures are still open as far as I know. And with a real Radio behind you might have good chances.

Greetings,

Admin

Admin meinte:
Hello Monochrome,

I would like to remind you what the law is, because apparently you have no idea. The copyright owner is the person who created the recorded material, or who acquired the rights. Using materials (DL songs for example) in your own "show" does not make you the copyright owner of the entire material.
Administrator

I have more "idea" than you think. Be careful what you say..... ;)

The thing is: If kazamel used DL material without permission, creating this show was an illegal act in itself! But how can you be so sure he didn't have the permission? You didn't ask him, did you? That's the thing I wanted to point out.

Zurück
Oben Unten