Deine Lakaien Video-Channel @ youtube

pandora84

I am a Darkstar
This information is from myspace:

Dear Deine Lakaien fans, dear music lovers,

we would like to invite you to visit our brand-new YouTube-Video Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/chromrecords . During the next days and weeks we are going to present several new Deine Lakaien clips for you to get a first impression of the new studio album "Indicator", which will be released September 17.

September 3., the new single "Gone" including 2 bonus tracks will be available on CD and for download already.
Another important date:
August 6., the music video of the single "Gone" will premiere on http://www.youtube.com/user/chromrecords

Additionally, we are working on the new Deine Lakaien web site! Check it out: http://www.deine-lakaien.com

Weitere Infos: http://bulletins.myspace.com/index.cfm? ... z0v3apTnSE

OMG! (...they killed Kenny...)

Thx pandora :) but this teaser is way too short X( and teasing on us poor fans :(( Guess, they will give as more 40 seconds every few weeks, them bastards :ymdevil:

On the other hand, some God did have mercy with me, since on August 6th I am on vacation and I will make sure that I got internet available (you bet!).

There is also an interview on Ama (German only, but watch it nevertheless) where it is revealed that INDICATOR is the 9th alburm (@RaBBitFan: probably important for you timeline) and the most political of all. Alexander and Ernst had this idea independently of each other (both being quite interested in political events), and this time it turned out to fit well to the songs. Alexander says that it is more direct than DL typically are. Of course it will be also addressing love in all its melancholic shades :x . And Ernst claims that it is going to go back to electronics, though the band is, of course, still part of it.

*sigh* I am soooo impatient!

dream well,
dd

CHAIRS!!.. =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

THANK YOU DD AND PANDORA
hummm I was wondering about the name and the message behind it all so separatly they boys came to a similar conclusion or or are they combo-ing their ideas?? political?? who gets it now... BP? America.. gods knows we are the most public fuck ups as far as the world is concerned.. hey how about N Korea?? 'look at the faires over there'
@ DD you just did ent go south park all up in here....you are more twisted than an old womans' colon :-o

yes that whole wiki thing is up for a total rewrite to include all of the albums in order and the side projects and singles.. or we make a discog link.. love me some discog..

yes 45 seconds too short.. thats grounds for well we will leave that one alone ;)
I await with bated breath and my new not over extended credit card in hand... THink I might by about 10 of the albums sit on a chair in a rabbit suit and hand them out randomly...promotion via performance art :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:

RaBBitFan meinte:
...you are more twisted than an old womans' colon :-o
I cannot say that I disagree with you :ymdevil:

The discog link is a good idea - that will leave more space for beautiful pictures of Steven and praising text...

About the political side of the album:
An article in the Sonic Seducer gives a hint that one of the songs, "Alabama", is about the Birmingham bombing in 1963. You know the civil rights movement song by Richard Farina?
Here you can find a beautiful interpretation by Joan Baez (Ernst mentioned in an interview that he liked her ballads very much ;) )

I am really looking forward to this album. Though I do not get this thing with the chairs and the staffs 8-}

#-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

DD the staff's... the 4 of wands.... L-) L-) L-)

RE the Joan Biaz link :(( :(( :(( :((

we make 'em special over here we do....just a horrible tragedy.. =(( =(( =((
may they all rest in peace

So, the last teaser is online - two more days to go :-w
RaBBitFan meinte:
Now I understand ;;)
In their letter to Color-Ize, the two (actually I believe it is Ernst) mention that these sticks - no, wands ;) - have something geometrical about them. I guess, I have too strong a mathematical background to process this.
RaBBitFan meinte:
we make 'em special over here we do
We do! I think, it is important not to forget. They live on in our memories...

dreamdancer meinte:
So, the last teaser is online - two more days to go :-w
RaBBitFan meinte:
Now I understand ;;)
In their letter to Color-Ize, the two (actually I believe it is Ernst) mention that these sticks - no, wands ;) - have something geometrical about them. I guess, I have too strong a mathematical background to process this.

you are just a genius through and through you and the lakaiens.. :ymhug: :ymhug: . of coarse.. #-o #-o #-o #-o there should be a mad science tarot deck.. frought with geometrical symbolism and mathmatical equations... you are all so very very clever.. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: the magic number of this album seems to be 4.. 4 wands , 4 hands 8 legs on the chairs, 2 seats 2 backs, all variables of 2... ummmm this is as far as I can go.. L-) L-) L-) I think we are talking the high pristess triad.. :-B

forgive an ig'nant rabbits I speak math like a 2 year year old so you all will have to work on this yourselves ;)

your humblest rabbitfan

~religon is for people who have never been to hell~ spirtuality is for those of us that have already been there :p

Oh dear, I cannot wait until tomorrow - it makes me crazy =p~

But my dear RaBBit friend: You got it! It is about the Kabbalah! 4, the emperor, the path between Chochmah (2) (The highest potential of thought) and Tiphereth (6) (Mercy). 2+6=8 :-B (I do not believe that this is about higher mathematics, although there it has a connection to art if you look at drawings by M.C. Escher)

WOWIE !! beautiful and high priestess like.. the black and white pillars that hold up the vail to the lunar landscape.. indicator as in indicator species ... ie butterflies populations dying off quickly as an indicator of global warming.. oh my love its been far too long?? so moving... a sense of contented resolution to a not so lovely ending... looking on from distant grounds forward and back,, cryptic and all at once modern and in real time ...again both peoples featured look wunderbar..how on earth does one go from all white and then black and look that damn good.. seriously!

and I thought I could not love their music anymore...

stunned
again

Love the song but it does sound very much like Depeche Mode sometimes...which isn't really a bad thing necessarily, but still. Slightly odd video but very atmospheric. :)

Some Russian tosser has commented on there that 'they are 100% gay' and 'why do they torture themselves when Germany has had gay marriage for ages''. Erm not that it would matter if they WERE gay but we all know Veljanov is MARRIED, I don't know Ernst Horn's circumstances but I have pretty strong gaydar from living with gay guys and he does NOT seem gay to me. So, a pretty asinine remark...I replied in Russian that Veljanov is married with a daughter...

Ernst was married I think, he even had a daughter. And I agree to you Rhiannon he does not seem gay to me too.

pandora84 meinte:
Ernst was married I think, he even had a daughter. And I agree to you Rhiannon he does not seem gay to me too.
I'm actually really quite cross about this stupid Russian, unfortunately I can't answer in Russian as well as I wish I could, and probably he would not listen anyway. He said afterwards that it didn't matter that Veljanov was married with a child, that he himself was gay and married. What I am angry about is the very idea that Veljanov would PRETEND to be straight for all those years with a fake marriage, when there is no need at all for him to do so, he's a musician who lives in Berlin, he must surely have gay friends, and the sort of audience that Lakaien attract would not normally be homophobic, nor are they the type to ONLY like the band because they find Veljanov attractive. i really think it's insulting to Veljanov to think that he would do something like this. X(
Anyway, sorry to hijack the post, I love the video so much anyway :)

Zurück
Oben Unten