embarassing question...

feather

I am a Darkstar
er... uummm... hmm.. am i the only one that doesn't really like Kiss the Future and Overpaid? i mean, they are great songs to see/hear live, but at home, on cd... well, there are other songs i would rather listen to. i keep hearing and seeing people talk/write about those songs, and how good they are, and i can't help feeling like i am betraying someone, somehow, by not liking them...

they just... well... they don't SPEAK to me, and i have no emotional attachment to them whatsoever. maybe i am too young? who knows...

hi feather,
I didnt like both of them, I really hated them at first.
but since I saw them live they are filledt with the memory of the concerts, so I like to hear them now :)
but I guess It is not that I like the songs for themseves, just because of the good feeling they created when I heard them live.
so, you are not alone :)

cheers
snails

This two songs will never be my favourites, but I can ’t say I hate them... a song I really don ’t like is "Venus Man" ....

and sorry for any gramatical mistakes :)

Hey Feather!

I cant' believe what you're writing. I don't like these tracks too, because they are emotionless and you are not really able to feel in. And i thought, the whole Kasmodiah is everybodies darling. But don't let the newbies know you opinion. They will kill you. In my opinion there are much better songs you can identify with. And i would't miss anything, if i can't hear these tracks live. I thing it is more fascinating to listen to bells of another land live, for example.

Best regards

anno

Sorry Feather, but I love Kiss The Future and Overpaid. They are my favourites beside My Shadows, The Game and Sometimes. I dont compare them to any other song on any other CD but I like them best on the Kasmodiah CD. Especially Kiss The Future impresses and catches me! But I too don't get high by listening Venus Man...

Audrey

well, i had read in 2 or 3 articles this week, people reviewing White Lies, and they all compared it to Kasmodiah (especially Kiss the Future, Venus Man and Overpaid). i felt i finally had to get my "dislike" off my chest!

plus, i felt that asking AGAIN "what are your favorite Lakaien songs" would be rather boring (even for the new english forum)... and since people here are already complaining about thread duplicity, i thought i would go ahead and say something about what i don't care for. i didn't want to do what audrey already did in the german forum :)

Hi Feather,
Sorry to disappoint you but 'Overpaid' was the song that really caught me, when I was in the record shop listening into the Lakaien for the fist time. I had to have this song! My other favourite is 'My Shadows'. When I feel bad or when I'm angry I just turn up my stereo and dance and sing along to these two songs. It always helps.

Anno,
You've got NO idea what other people might or might not think and even if I like songs you don't doesn't mean that I judge you or would comment on it. I simply don't care if you like the same songs as I.
AND STOP GENERALIZING! I'm completely fed up with it!

Raven!

huh? It is my opinion. You can do what you what. I'm not interessted in you, your music or whatever. And i don't want to judge any person. It's only my attitude towards these tracks. And you are very selfish, aren't you?

Have a nice day

anno

Annoearth,
As you very well know I referred to your comment of 'they will kill you' above. How come you always know so well what people will do or won't do? Did I miss something? And how come you know how selfish I am? To know that you must have met me, since you never did - stop talking nonsense.
Raven

" i can't believe what you are writing"

well... personally, i...

(well, maybe i shouldn't say this, because i know SOMEONE will say SOMETHING and will start another fight - but here it is...)

personally, i don't like to kiss the Lakaien-arse (ass, for all you americans out there :) ) all the time. i think it is rather refreshing to see once in awhile what people DON'T like, instead of just constant parise, praise, praise... we shouldn't be afraid of our OWN opinions of stuff like this!

i knew full well when i posted, that some people might get mad at what i wrote, but i wrote it anyway. i was genuinely curious about what other people had to say about those songs, bad or good.

i don't intentionally write posts i will later regret :)

Why ever should we get mad at you? I bet everyone here has got one song or another he/she doesn't like. I personally don't like 'One minus one'... (apart from a few other songs)

well, most people wouldn't get mad, but there are some people who can't tolerate any hint that "The Band" (whichever band you care to name) are less than perfect gods. i don't think there are any of those kinds of people here, but you never know until you post :)

there is an american humor writer (he writes for a Florida newspaper, as well as several novels), named Dave Barry, who once asked his readers to vote on what they thought was the worst song(s) of all time*. he discovered that people can be rather emotional (and even very angry!) about what he called "song badness", as well as "song goodness". he named especially Barry Manilow and Neil Diamond fans, among those who wrote him the most violent, angry letters, after he said that the songs by Misters Manilow and Diamond were "less than good" (at the very least). i didn't want to get any violent, angry letters, but i did want to know what people thought...

*the winner was MacArthur Park - "Someone left the cake out in the rain... Oh no!"

so, now i have posted and posted and posted some meaningless drivel, to get out of the mirror man thing, and what do i become? OVERPAID of course!! :-|
ah well, you can't win all the time...

hi feather,
this is al list with songs from DL I really, really, really don`t like ;-) :

the mirror men - first album- version
nobodys wounded - first album version
made in heaven
Brain fic
testosterone
the cabin door
manastir baroue
hands white
lost
fleeting

hope I dont get stoned now :) :-|

snails

Hi snails,

imagine we were talkin on the chat, then would read
something like that :

Slatibart is now sorting all kinds of stones for having a good old fashined 'Life of Brian' event with snails
Slatibart thinks that Snails had put too much songs on a no good list. That's to embarrsing for the forum community !

Ok, chat off :) Don't take that too serious :)

Slati

hi snails,

i have to agree with a lot of your list!
the mirror men, brain fic, and manastir baroue are all right up there on the top of my "fast-forward through" list, along with all those songs we mentioned before...

nobody's wounded and made in heaven are sort of so-so for me...

.. all the others i actually like... :)

thank you for being so brave as to make that post!!!

and keep in mind, all people reading this, we're not trying to complain about or criticize the Lakaien, we're just stating our opinions and preferences! ;-)

I think manastir baroue, nobodys wounded, lost, fleeting and with a little smear hands white are really good songs....
:)
but we could be happy that everyone have another taste :)

Zurück
Oben Unten