Ernst Horn and Helium Vola at Facebook

and pirates they are! :ar!

But who knows, how long myspace will survive? And I guess they have to be present in these social network thing. In a year or so, everybody present on facebook should ask for a print out of the data stored. And then watch facebook groan. They have to send it. A guy from Austria did it and got 200! pages print out :D If this would not be too presumptuous, I'd say, I have a dream...

yours,
dreamdancer

Well, there is always here, isn't there? ;) Which a good sight better than nothing, thank you, team @};-
And you can always have look at facebook without actually dancing with them pirates yourself.

Well, they only have the data you give them, right (hint: Legolas is not my real name...)? Of course, you can see most of the content without registration. But you can't interact which - to me - is the fun part.

Well, I didn't really imagine I was writing with an elf ;) Truth be told, my claim to aristocracy is pretty threadbare, too
But of course, you are right that the data provided to the Forum is not all it could be. Which is a shame in itself, but as far as I know it is not the Forum-management's fault. Furthermore, there are some other sources of information available as well, sir elf ;;)
I totally agree that interaction is the fun bit of these matters. Still, I am happy to choose the platforms upon which I interact and for the time being facebook is not among them.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator...:
Well, the thing with facebook is that you give data almost without knowing. Each time you click a "like" button is saved. Also what your friends do will be recorded and related to you. The latter I consider quite a serious issue, since one has no control about these activities whatsoever. And as far as I know facebook endorses true names - though I am a bit of an ignorant fool here, since I never registered with facebook myself and I am sure there is a work-around.

And I can find pictures of myself on facebook without ever having registered. (But so do I on Google)

Did facebook already start this face-recognitioning thing? (As far as I know, Google has not)

It is really impenetrable which data facebook is collecting. This is why I think, people registered there should ask for this at one point. They have the right to do so - why not make use of that?

But never mind,
dd

prettyboy87 meinte:
hint: hardly anybody posts under his or her true name

This is not true, about 60% of the people active on Ernst's FB page use their real names. The moderator is the moderator, of course.

I am an insufferable know-it-all, I know...

nah Alice you are cosmically designed for mass knowledge and sharing of that knowledge its the gift of the gemini and high musicians of the TDG.. \m/

we see the peeping and voyeuristic inclination of the book of face. However, it is a hazard when one engages in this 'social networking' at best we attain autonomy i.e we are number 543,666,543 piece of straw added to a gianormicus pile of straw... hidden in plain sight as my Sven says... (*)
but even he agrees be careful what you 'like'

for me being one of Portland Oregons' 2 fans here the Ernst Horn music FB site is sooo exciting!! and now there is trivia... :x and cool photos we have never ever seen on myspaces~which is a lesser tribe of data pirates... :ar!

signed
Monkey brained rabbitfan :(|)

Honestly, I don't find these trivia as exciting as you - unless you can see more pages hidden from aliens like me. None of these trivia are new and the pictures ... okay, young Alexander is kind of cute, never said he wasn't, but then again, that has been remarked upon before as well, right?
As far as I can see, the trivial facts are mostly stored away in the interview chronicles of the official fanbase and Mr moderator is just browsing through them.

You are right, Ash, however a lot of these information were available in German only. Most of the interviews are in German, as well. So there is quite a large community of people to whom these trivia are new...And the FB community is much larger than the MySpace commutity, too.

Well, how about some trivial bits of gossip right here, then? (I wager that I can match fb's trivia for months to come :D )
1. Alexander Veljanov dislikes "Pinkerl und Grünkohl" (a local delicatessen in Northern Germany, and good for him, I hate it, too - even though I am Northern German)
2. Ernst Horn is scared of big, fat spiders

Since I am not a facebook moderator, I even provide you with links for my knowledge ;)
http://de.colour-ize.com/interviews_ber ... akaien.htm

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator...:
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn1 ... iders.html

I clearly did not inherit this gene.. =)) =)) nor am I implying that Ernst is a girlie man either.. =)) =))
as DD says... most of the trivia is in German... and I do not speak nor write nor understand the google version of German translated. :-\

So the book of the face Ernst Horn music page is that shiny new toy for us over teh pond.

it must be so wonderful for you Lady to have this working knowledge :D

@rabbitfan =))
And I am sure he wouldn't mind any implications. He once said that after he had had to play operettas at a meeting for drunken craftsmen he had arrived at a new understanding for the word tolerance.

And I wouldn't exactly label this knowledge, you know, it's just good old garden-fence gossip. Want a cup of tea?

@ Lady Ash
thank you for such interesting facts and the interview! For some reason it's difficult for me to search such interviews on Colour-Ize site :-\ Or maybe I look in the wrong place))
And now I have one more thing in common with Ernst Horn - we both are scared of spiders :-o :D

"after he had had to play operettas at a meeting for drunken craftsmen he had arrived at a new understanding for the word tolerance" =))
Poor Ernst. But any experience brings some result)

@ Skrepka
I'll see whether I can find some interviews for you later on. But for some reason, I don't feel very good with this public trading of old stories.

Fantastic, Ash, I'd be grateful if you could translate for me the whole interview, as I don't speak German :D

I'm also scared of spiders... even the small ones ;)

Zurück
Oben Unten