Favorite DL Songs.

Pez

I am a Darkstar
I'm new to the forums, and new to DL, and was wondering what songs real fans seem to enjoy the most.  I live in the US, and finding DL music isn't easy, but not entirely impossible.

I have a very limited selection of DL music, but as of right now, I'd have to say that Wunderbar is one of my favorites.

Thanks in advance!

Welll... hard to say. My favourite album is Winter Fish Testosterone, but I like songs from other albums also. For today mu top is:
1. Fish
2.Fighting the green
3. The Game
4. Into my arms
5. Mama there's a ghost
6- Overpaid

Well, to my mind, all DL songs are really great. But...The best songs for me are "Dark star", ''Love me to the end'', "Generators", "Kiss" and...I'm listening to "Wunderbar" now, and I'd like to mention this song has so deep lyrics...When I've listened to it for the first time I was really crying...

Diana meinte:
This is a question without a simple answer. Whenever you think "this is my favourite song",
you listen to another one and concider this one your favourite. :roll: There are soooo many of them...

I feel the same.  : pleased:

For now, my favourite songs are:
Falling
Where You Are
Over and Done
Fighting the Green
Dark Star...

Besides, I like very much a lot of songs from A.Veljanov's solo album, like:
Seraphim
Fly Away...

"Seraphim" was the first song which I have heard,
and after that, I could not live without a unique voice of A.V.  : heart2:

Well, my indisputable favorite is "Colour-ize". Becouse this song found the best words to describe some moments of my life. And it was the first DL song , which I have heard. And I have heard it first time in the dark winter night. So "Colour-ize" means really very much to me.

Yes, it's very difficult to choose a favourite song from this big row of the magnificent albums and compositions.. The top changes permanently, it depends on mood, momentary feelings and the occurences which surround and attack you from every quarter...
There's only one song in my playlist right now called "Falling"..and maybe this one is my favourite for today...but I never know what will be tomorrow : "Color-Ize"? "The Mirror Men"? "Wasted Years"? "Reincarnation"? "Dark Star"? "Generators"? "Forest"? "Minmachine"? "Monastir Baroue"? "Cupid´s Disease"? "Fish"? "Overpaid"? "Sometimes"? "Return"? .. I don't know...maybe it's "Stupid" or "Vivre"? It's really hard to choose :-o They are all too different...many-sided...

For me? I am a passionate fan of "ballads" and songwriting" so my view on DL comes from there.

"Wasted years" as the song that I could identify with so much at that time that I fell in love with the music and wanted to work for them so
everybody should hear THAT song....

The "night of love" and the "2nd Star" E.P.  which stands for the first tour, a tour so innocent and full of perspectives and bright future....

Later, maybe "Walk to the moon" which I feel describes the feelings I had when DL signed with Sony. Grown up, somehow. But still there's so much passion.

Now?  Hm. I think "Vivre" is my favourite right now, while I am writing this.... (my favourite song changes as my moods change)

I also love the ballads most. In the moment is my favorite song "falling" because of this warm and harmonic atmosphere against the lyrics. The melody and the voice sound like a cuddly and softly blanket, the whole song gives me an imagine of a falling leaf in the autumn.
Formerly was my favorite song "Into my arms". At this time I had a job that made my so unhappy like never before. This song gave me the impulse to change it.
My all-time-favorites are "forest" and "return". But I love 90% of their songs.

Chris

"Wasted years" is also one of my all-time-favourites. It was one of the first songs (besides Reincanation and Love me to the end) when I first heard about Deine Lakaien in 1992. Simply unbelievable that it took me at last 14 years to hear "Wasted years" live in concert (they never played on any concert I was before) - anyway - this year it happended  :) .
Besides that I really love most of "Forest Enter Exit" and "Winter Fish Testosterone" because the songs somehow remind me to the good time we had in these days - free from cares and trouble ;) .

Cheerio,

Muhli

chr meinte:
... In the moment is my favorite song "falling" because of this warm and harmonic atmosphere against the lyrics. The melody and the voice sound like a cuddly and softly blanket, the whole song gives me an imagine of a falling leaf in the autumn...

I like 'Falling' too, but to me it is one of the saddest DL songs, it breathes a totally desperate atmosphere.
One of my alltime favourites is 'The Dive'. I love the innocent amazement and the purity it displays.

Thanks for all the great suggestions.  I must admit that I've grown more and more impressed with Deine Lakaien's work with each song I hear.

@ Pez: Welcome to the forum BTW! :)

I must admit that I've grown more and more impressed with Deine Lakaien's work with each song I hear.
The same with me. I didn't even like the first DL song I listened to, but later I somehow got hooked on their music. My enthusiasm grew steadily over the years and today I'm still not getting tired listening to them, which is probably a true sign of good music.
Have you seen them live yet? Their concerts are brilliant, there is a kind of magic between artists and audience...

Blackloser meinte:
I like 'Falling' too, but to me it is one of the saddest DL songs, it breathes a totally desperate atmosphere.
Like a leaf falls into the forthcoming winter.
Do you think the melody breathes the same sadness???

Chris

I think, that the melody expresses "calm" und "quite"  hopelessness, some kind of submission. It's like "nothing can be do to it now, and if it's so, than there is no need for superfluous dramatic" . It's like humility.

chr meinte:
Like a leaf falls into the forthcoming winter...

Hm, that's an interesting approach.

To me 'Falling' is about depression (also a late stadium of the Burn-out-syndrome), which is associated with indifference, hopelessness, debility, apathy.

@ Blackloser: When I heard the lyric at first I thougt the same. But later I meant the melody don't fits together with this feeling you wrote. The melody don't sounds like apathy or depression.
I feel this song like juventa it describes.

Chris

Zurück
Oben Unten