Gone - single and video premiere on youtube

dreamdancer

I am a Fama Tuba
So many years had to go by until this new single finally found its way out. I believe you were longing for it at least as much as I did. And I would like to share my thoughts with you. Alexander finds a narrative style of singing here, which is very suitable since the song tells the story about a love that faded in the past. The tale is embedded in synthesizer sounds full of melancholic affection. These, however, become more aggressive when the chorus sets in with a strong beat. But only to give way to soothing strings which turn into a beautiful cello-solo by b.deutung. (In the video, Ernst is playing accordion!? at that point) The chorus ends the song with slightly interchanged lines of the lyrics - now the days are gone...

Well, I hope not! Since Ernst is playing around in his synthesizer museum and finds new sounds, which are supplemented by acoustic instruments and led by Alexander's distinctive way of singing. These old strengths of DL are combined in a new way, denser and more intense than ever, I dare say. Regarding this and the two songs we already had the pleasure to listen to during the last acoustic tour, I believe that this is going to be one of the strongest DL releases.

You have not seen the video yet? Check it out on youtube and convince yourself that I am right! (Unfortunately, the quality of the sound is not very high due to high compression, which I guess to be demanded by youtube.)

i totally agree, this and the two songs we´ve already heard I know it´s gonna be a GREAT new album! Thanks for sharing your thoughts :) I had to listen to that new song and the new video a dozen times in the early morning. And it groooooows :)

I love the song as well, and happily await their coming single and album, but I have to pose some questions.

What are they doing with those sticks? Why is Mr Horn's accordion making that sound? Why do they have backpacks full of apples? Is this some strange, yet profound Germanic symbolism?

I can answer the last of your questions: No! The other questions, well, most of the people have the same. And I'd say that unresolved riddles are not untypical for DL :ymdevil:

I do not remember where I read it, but somewhere Ernst explained that for him these sticks have something geometrical about them like the stairs and bridges they are waling on. However, I have the same problem as you do - this esthetics does not speak to me, either. :-\

But Ernst playing accordion, that is a beautiful portrait, don't you think?

The Song is magnificent and the video is very appropriate.

But I'm not sure, that I hear all words of song correctly.
Could anyone give me a link to lyrics of this song?
Or may be write songtext right here for me... ;;)
I'd be very appreciated!

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator...:
Hi Dr. Kerrigan, as far as I know there're no lyrics yet (I need them too because my English isn't as well that I can understand everything :D ). So when the single is released (03.09.) I think I can help you ;)

Dear Brosze!
I'll look forward to that moment!

The worse, I do not know German at all. (((
But I know Latin. ? bit. :)

@ Dr. Kerrigan: German? :-\ The lyrics are in English. Maybe I don't understand you at all Sorry.
Latin... wow. I know Spanish a bit. Very beautiful language!

Well, here is my attempt to write down the lyrics (I'm a native speaker of English :)

Try to clean up the hazy window
That got steamed up try to call you
And I knew too well you couldnÂ’t hear me
And I knew too well you couldnÂ’t see me

Chorus: You left the platform .in the opposite direction
I missed again any word of affection
And when the rains come there is no more denying
And when the sun dies there is no more denying
Oh my love, now the days are gone
Oh my love, weÂ’ve been waiting too long

Whatever road to take, IÂ’ll hesitate and
Although far too late, weÂ’ll try to wait and
The word frozen on my lips and
The gloom closes its open ....and
Chorus again...twice...

I'm sure about all of it except...that sentence in bold, I really can't tell, what the next word is. Sorry!
hope it helps you guys whose English is not their native language :)

Oh what a stupid sentence I wrote at the end of that...wasn't very good grammar...now you won't believe I'm a native speaker ... :)) I am, honestly!

Thanks for the text :D

I hear it sometimes slightly different, i would say f.e:
"where the rails end there is no more denying"
instead what you wrote:
"And when the rains come there is no more denying"

would make more sense imho :)

ds-nel meinte:

instead what you wrote:

hmmm, well yours is possible too, especially as he mentions platforms before that...that part isn't totally clear either, I must admit :)

I think it is "and when we're raising there is no more denying"

The bold part is "and the bloom closes its open calyx and"

The calyx are the green sepals (German:Kelchblätter) around the blossom. Probably it is ment to be a synonym in this case since a word with only one syllable is preferred to keep the emphasis of the 11/4 beat here? (There is also 7/4 and 4/4 to be found - thx to Bleeki for helping counting - oh, I really love this peace :x )

Rhiannon meinte:
ds-nel meinte:

instead what you wrote:

hmmm, well yours is possible too, especially as he mentions platforms before that...that part isn't totally clear either, I must admit :)

Well, actually it REALLY says "where the rails end there is no more denying"

It was already said here
4q6xlwbp.png

Since the single is out now - what do you think about "Kraken" or the other songs?

And Next Monday, the second ("the black") video of Gone is going to be presented on the eventim page. I am really curious... :ymdaydream: I wonder whether the video of the tour teaser on the chromrecords channel presents a part of it (though with a different song "On your stage again", how very appropriate ;) )

I like the Fish called Prince song...the Kraken one is quite good too.
Just watched the interview that has been posted on chrom records on youtube...I wish my understanding of spoken German was better...

Yes, the interview is very nice indeed. So I tried to come up with a translated summary:

What does Indicator mean to you and is it the 9th production?
Alexander states that technically speaking this is the 9th production. But in principle the 2nd album does not really count, because it was released only many years later. But this is not as important for him as the fact that they had new impressions in the past years, which they could work on. And they experienced new things with each other that yould not happen before in this way.
For Ernst, on the other hand, it is important that this is their 9th album, since the 2nd one was a very important production. It was very ambitious but unfortunatelly not received very well and got released 6 or 7 years with the title 1987. [Actually, it was released in 2003]

How did it happen that the album turned out to be so political?
Alexander says that DL have always addressed political issues, which somehow got more room this time. Both of them where working independently on topics like immigration, Europe etc. He ponders that maybe these time have to be looked at more critically than before, because many things happened in the past years like the econimoc crisis and so on...It is an important part of their work but should not be taken as the main point.
Ernst does not exactly know why it happened. Both of them have a strong interest in political things but so far this was not so much reflected by their songs. They do not want at all to draw a black and white picture but have a more analytical approach. For one song which did not have lyrics then, they even chose the same subject. It is important for Ernst to make political songs but it has to be consistent and this time that worked out very well.

Another subject of the album is LOVE, which you deal with more intensively than ever. How did that happen?
Alexander answers that love is one of the big questions of life and has always been important for DL. He feels that he himself found a different -- a more direct -- approach this time and hopes that this will be convincing fo the audience.
Ernst explains that DL have an affection for the melancholic side of love. From his point of view this appears to be a question of aptitude and it is not a consequence of being crossed by love. For them it has been like for all other people: sometimes good, sometimes bad. But melancholic love songs are absolutly DL.

Are you going to present Indicator live? With band or without or perhaps acoustic?
Alexander says that just as with the previous productions there will be a tour. The repertoire will be a mixture with older pieces but focus on Indicator songs. It will be presented with cello, electronics, guitar, violin and vocals. Afterwards there are a lot of options possible: orchestra, brass band, chamber orchestra, heavy metal band - who knows?
The album turned out to be rather electronic, Ernst tells, but their long standing co-musicians accompany them with strings and guitar. He is looking forward to tour together with the band, which are the same musicians as in the studio. Acoustic is something they do every now and then and a good point for a break in order to look back and refresh some of the old songs. But it is something special which should not happen too often. [Really, I do not think that this can happen too often, nonono :(( ]

Zurück
Oben Unten