helium vola

Steve

I am a Darkstar
what is your favourite song on the album? . i think "selig" is absolutely incredible.

Hi Steve!

You`re right, Selig is incredible, but my absolutely favoured song - at the moment - is Omnis Mundi Creatura! :)

yeah! "selig" is one of my favorites to!

but the best song is "do tagte ez", when the voices get higher and higher, wow! :)

the FLY

Selig is my favourite, followed by Omnis Mundi Creatura and Je chante par couverture.

i think you already know my answer, steve! :)

begirlich in dem hertzen min... i have felt that way many times before... plus, i just love how the old german sounds!!! >sigh<

My favorite song: "Du bist min" GREAT!

Many greetings
Claus

Yeah, the text is great, isn't it? It made me cry when I read it for the first time!

har har har, nyuk nyuk nyuk
maybe i was reincarnated? "so you go round and round and round..." :)

My favourite songs are "Omnis mundi creatura", "Je chante par couverture" and of course "Selig". :) I also like the songs "Du bist min" and "Begirlich in dem hertzen min". Ehm ... for me they have all the first place in my ranking list :) :) . A very good album. *slime* :) :)

Many greetings
Auri

I like the way both albums are structured. Favorite songs of the first - "Minne und Treue", "Begirlich in dem Hertzen min"

I like the reprise of "les habitants" more than the first part.

And I am so much looking forward to listening to the next. *impatientlywaiting*

I agree that Selig is amazing, it's exactly the rhythm, gradation and repetition and all these things I like about my favorite music. And I love Veni Veni Venias (but I'm not sure if it's not on another album) since Carmina Burana is one of my (million) favorite books and I always search for musicalizated poems and other permeations of various types of arts.

In lichter Farbe.... Moving&nbsp; beautiful&nbsp; like when ice settles on bare tree branches and transmutes the landscape into something other worldly....&nbsp; a hermet's quiet walk alone in the woods.. strength in solitude it says to me...&nbsp; I love that piece...&nbsp;

what's interesting about that piece is that I think its a Nume(sp)... much like most of Carmina Burana is...&nbsp; If I were to audition for Portland Baroque choir or any such of the like&nbsp; I would audition with this piece--&nbsp; Its shows vocal range and flexibility all in one and delivered in a nice key plus I really grok this piece&nbsp; :wink:.... Permission granted of course...&nbsp; :-D never without the blessing of our beloved Ernst.. :angel:

Yes when is the next HV album due out??&nbsp; I think we need a count down device on this web site no??&nbsp;

happy solstice everyone....

truly
RabbitFan

RaBBitFan meinte:
Yes when is the next HV album due out??&nbsp; I think we need a count down device on this web site no??&nbsp;

The official release date is March 23rd, 2009. This is still THREE months to go *sigh*. 90 days from now - counting.

What?! not released on the Ides of March??? what is it about the number 23??? a deliberate date for the release?&nbsp; are you hinting at something Mr. Bumm??? umm oh great toxic dawarf?? huuummm?? hummm?&nbsp; bunnies need to know : naughty:&nbsp; I do wonder :-D

23 is the number of the Illuminati (ever read "The Illuminatus" (Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson) ?), the checksum is 5. Just the same as of 3/2009. And the Illuminati were (are? - oh, how much I love conspracy theories&nbsp; :cool:) truely a secret society in Bavaria, founded on May 1st, 1776. No 23 connected with them, though.

RaBBitFan meinte:
In lichter Farbe.... Moving&nbsp; beautiful&nbsp; like when ice settles on bare tree branches and transmutes the landscape into something other worldly....&nbsp; a hermet's quiet walk alone in the woods.. strength in solitude it says to me...&nbsp; I love that piece...&nbsp;
I like your new icon - especially with such a poetic description. Though this is not exactly what I feel about "In lichter Farbe", since it is about May - in my mind, the sun is reflected on light green leaves with a fresh smell of humid, vertile soil in the air. But I love that piece, too.&nbsp; :-D
RaBBitFan meinte:
what's interesting about that piece is that I think its a Nume(sp)
I do not know the meaning of "Nume" - can you describe what it means? The key of the piece is striking, indeed - phygian ("Phrygisch") on A. Do you call this an "Aeolian mode"? I just realize that I need some practice in talking about music theory in English - most of the terms, I know in German, I cannot translate right away. And "LEO" does not help a lot here, I am afraid.&nbsp; :|

I cannot sing, can you explain a little bit, what is it you like so much? The key is not exactly common, is it? And to jump an octave is not so easy, too, is it? (I even cannot hit a quint, but that does not count). Sounds to me, as if you were a really good singer. What a strange rabbit it is!&nbsp; :-D

Lady your english is really good... I assure you its a thousand times better than my german.. I like the combo of fertile and virile
vertile&nbsp; nice&nbsp; I think you meant fertile... everything coming to life and abundant with life :-D

yes I know about the characters you mention... I'm surprized and pleased that the old snake oil sales man A. Crowly&nbsp; wasn't mentioned.... Im sure that the release date of HV's new album is very deliberate...&nbsp; I think his Ernst-ness likes to keep its servants guessing.... always thinking he is...&nbsp;

DD you are correct about In Lichter Farber being set in may, however, I know that Liod is ice in Russian, I think it means song in German- (I can count on you to correct me :-D&nbsp; ) so Im not sure if that fact coupled with the feeling(key word here) that I get from the piece.&nbsp; The base harmony part of the first part of the piece before the voices begin has a dense sound/feeling -- too heavy for a May time of year... I am speaking of the Lied version of coarse... the club version I feel is a big double dog dare you to try to mix this into a set and play it... at 171 beats per min.&nbsp; Ernst you sly dog you.... : naughty:

A neum... is a very base form of music usually set to poems written by monks.. and very rudimentally&nbsp; representing pitch and note-duration, and to a limited extent, harmony.&nbsp; Some of the poems are quite funny like those written by the archpoet- ( who wrote Carmina Burana well sort of its the burana codex - mre home work for you!! :-D&nbsp; )&nbsp; look it up its kinda amusing... a group of rogue monks writing about drinking, gambling and women, set to music.. its riotous !!!

Last part no meme here I will shorten the story,, RAbbit sings, it is not so talented in voice as ability, its has at best a nice harmonizing voice and has almost perfect pitch .... (Former instructors in school used to put the tone deaf next to me&nbsp; in hopes that they could catch the pitch.)..and it can site read music and knows sol fitch by heart... rabbit has an unusually natural low voice that is said to be pleasant or nice. Pieces like La Fille are perfect for my voice.. If rabbit was less willful and had more money she more than likely would have had a musical occupation.... however... Rabbit refused to be made a soprano and had a couple of bad instructors who insisted on working on the upper ranges--rabbit fired them... rabbit was very young and did not understand that's the game... range and vocal flexibility..Even Gerlinde her range is low and she did a beautiful job in Engel,( although Ernst did help her out a bit by putting in the trills before her high run&nbsp; but thats a lot of detailed breath work...) That is a very high piece for a low voice... she is amazing... and Sabine, in Je chante par couverte(sp) her&nbsp; chest voice is really pushed in the lower octaves I can almost hear her struggle.... I can hear Sabine struggle in Selig to keep up with Ernst... Im not sure if thats deliberate or not.... Maybe so because the piece is about the Kursk and well art usually has two or three meanings anyway,&nbsp; maybe its reflective of how the Russians couldn't keep up with the needs of their submarines needs... I don't know just a guess... :roll: Keep in mind though that Sabine and Gerlinde are professionals while Rabbit is an neophyte at best at level 3 bard to the level 20 sirens&nbsp; :-D

&nbsp; Now that I'm older and have a little more money I do not have the time..(too busy being sole provider for the household and the newly acquired Deine Lakaien sponsored Love child born this sept&nbsp; named... Alexandra&nbsp; (yes named after Herr Veljanov well reason #2 I tried for a feminine form of Ernst but my Sven wasn't having it..)&nbsp; &nbsp; I did take lessons all last year with a known portland mezzi but like I said baby took precedent.&nbsp; So its only a distant dream..

For auditions&nbsp; the judges or evaluators generally like pieces that show vocal range.. if you are an alto can you sing in the mezzi range and if so how well? In Lichter farber is a series of scales&nbsp; in a key that is hard to identify its not quiet minor but has that hint of it&nbsp; and not over the top happy..&nbsp; sound simple yet its complex--- flexibility also refers to speed.... can you sing fast high and low and vice versa... the first part of the phrase is a tad bit slower and one is able to use a little more verbrato there&nbsp; I ramble on too much.. plus&nbsp; it has a rich story behind the piece, the judges like that...

Anyway&nbsp; I sure do love these conversations with you Alice.. But I need to go put chains on my car, and finish christmas shopping... yes rabbit caves to cheesy american holiday... :| Portland Oregon is under a winter attack of sorts&nbsp; we have approximately 20 inches or roughly 45to 50 cm of snow everywhere&nbsp; the National Guard is in town digging us out... better here and that useless war over yonder... :cry:

I so hope to chit chat with you later Alice

this rabbit is signing off for now : heart1:

Zurück
Oben Unten