Indicator Tour Munich 17 Feb 2011

Rhiannon

I am a Darkstar
Well, I thought I would write some kind of report of the concert in English....;) It is already a few days since it happened but I was visiting my penpal in Pfarrkirchen (another town in Bavaria) after it and I just got home.
I thought the venue was ok although it was a bit confusing about where you had to go to enter it. It was quite easy to find in the end even for someone like me who did not know the city at all - luckily I had managed to choose a hotel that was within walking distance. And again the audience were quite well behaved - I think DL would have a shock if they played London and saw what thugs British audiences are compared to German ones, ha ha! ;) It was just nice not to have drunken idiots around or sticky beer all over the floor. ;) They were quite enthusiastic too - maybe even a bit more than Berlin.
Well, it was great again. I really did feel that Veljanov makes each concert different, he doesn't just do and say the same things every time. I once did go to 4 concerts on the same tour by the French band Indochine, and in their case the concerts became boring because the lead singer actually did say exactly the same things every time and had a lot of poses that he repeated each time. Veljanov is definitely not like that. He seemed quite talkative and was making some jokes but unfortunately I didn't understand them very well...! My German is not perfect...! He also said a few things in Macedonian which was a bit surprising.
I managed to get right to the front and clung on for dear life ;) so I did have a good view. I was on a different side than in Berlin so maybe noticed some things differently. Like for example the violinist and cellist - I am not sure if they put on quite such a show in Berlin? They definitely did in Munich - they posed quite a bit and rocked out together basically. I found it a bit too much sometimes though and not really necessary when most of us girls in the front row were mainly turning our heads towards Veljanov anyway. ;) I actually felt a bit guilty about that somehow - I mean I was right there in front of them and they were smiling and posing but I was looking over at Veljanov...he really is the focal point and I don't feel like the rest of the band have to put on THAT much of a show, but maybe that's just me. ;) He does move about quite a lot and has an extremely expressive face, and he seemed like he was having a good time. Well apart from being hot.
Robert Wilcocks was quieter than in Berlin - I did wonder if he wasn't feeling so well. In Berlin he really did move around a lot and act like a rockstar and he had the Rocker look to go with it - this time he had changed his style to Mod and he didn't do very much. Ernst Horn...well, I always think he has a really kind face, like out of the band he is the one I would find it easiest to approach and talk to. :) He seemed to enjoy it too I think.
It was the same playlist as in Berlin last October but I did feel that they changed some of the arrangements and did play some of the songs differently. I've already forgotten actually which ones I mean by that, but some of them did sound different to me. And Veljanov introduced some of them a bit more.
Then at the end Veljanov dropped his mike stand and the mike...his expression then was totally priceless, ha ha! =))
I did manage to meet up with Dea, Nachteule and Lysanthe from Colour-ize too which was really nice. :)
So it was good. I have some photos uploaded on facebook (sorry mine are not the greatest): http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 21498aa917
Here are a few of those too...
DSCF1020.jpg

DSCF1030.jpg

DSCF1031.jpg

Aaaw I loved your review of the concert! Apart from that, its so cool that you are coming over from England to see them play! Glad to read that you had a lot of fun and enjoyed it so much.

Great how you described all the girls looking at Veljanov all the time. Thats the way it is with those impressive leadsingers, everybody loves to look at them. When I saw Nick Cave play with his band Grinderman last year, I recognized that even a lot of straight men were totally paralysed and their gaze made them looking like sweet little fangirls and Nick was holding hands with them like he does with us girls as well :D Its so cute. I can imagine that the same happens to men at Lakaien concerts sometimes, but I did not watch out for that until today - I should do it maybe ;)

Ah, and you also said that German audiences behave differently. I wondered if my impression is wrong, but seems like I am not the only one who sees that. It can be an advantage and also a disadvantage. Sometimes I think they are much too quiet, it could be a little wilder and stuff, but on the other hand I have the impression that for example British audiences are so chatty that it can be hard to understand the band sometimes - depends on the noiselevel of course ;) Maybe its because of what you said, that they are all so drunk *giggles* On Edit: I maybe should add, that I have the feeling the audiences of Lakaien are very special anyway, because they behave so quiet. I also experienced a lot of concerts with sticky beer all over the floor, in autumn at Grinderman a guy was urinating on the floor next to me at front row - but I have to say he spoke English *laughs* But he was a nice guy, telling me to pick up my jacket which I threw on the floor during all the exitement before he did it and I guess he only did it because he was really exited and did not want to lose his place at front row, but it was a little weird of course ;D

And oh poor Robert, I hope he is fine! In Krefeld he was wild, it was impressive to look at him being driven by rock`n roll madness sometimes :D

About Veljanov dropping his mike: Thats a thing I also saw and I was amazed that it happened, haha. Veljanov usually is not the kind of guy one would expect to drop things on stage :D But that makes it even funnier to watch.

I love the second picture you linked with Veljanov`s shadow, really beautiful! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and the pictures :)

Ha ha Veljanov dropped his mike in Krefeld too? I think he needs to be a bit more careful ;)
Yes when I went to the concert in Berlin in October Robert was a lot more wild! He did seem rather subdued this time.
Thanks for the nice comments :)

Thanks for your nice report about Munich.
I have to contradict one point: I liked to watch the show of the violonist and the cellist :D (especially the cellist )
But there is some history to it: Many years ago I had really big problems to watch Veljanov on stage. In these days he stood most of the time in the same place and made very strange moves. This was so distracting for me that I usually watched Ernst or Tobias. Nowadays he behaves quite "normal"

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator...:
Ah, no I think it did not happen in Krefeld, but I saw it in one video of the recent tour, I dunno which one it was at the moment. And I was like "What?". Haha, great. I never saw that happen before, but since I`ve read that at one show in the past the piano got damaged (of course by accident, hehe), I guess they´re wilder than I`ve thought *laughs*

Thank you, Rhiannon :)
Sounds that it was a really nice happening!
Oh and no DL concert without Veljanovs mike outtakes! =))

pandora84 meinte:
thanks for your review.
I think he dropped his mike in bielefeld too, but I'm not sure.
Oh he let go of his mike stand with the microphone itself on top and the whole thing toppled over...it was his face that was the funniest thing to see ;) He looked like a little boy who realised he had done something naughty =))

A.M. meinte:
Ah, no I think it did not happen in Krefeld, but I saw it in one video of the recent tour, I dunno which one it was at the moment. And I was like "What?". Haha, great. I never saw that happen before, but since I`ve read that at one show in the past the piano got damaged (of course by accident, hehe), I guess they´re wilder than I`ve thought *laughs*
Ha ha I'm also not surprised by the piano getting damaged - in Berlin Ernst did play a bit with his foot...;)

Ha ha I have just seen Dea's lovely concert photos...in one of the audience, THERE I am on the very far left...with Nachteule and Lysanthe there too, but I did not realise it was them!!! We only met after the concert. I had met Nachteule before but I guess neither of us recognised each other at first....

thank you for the pics and the tid bits about the band members :ymhug: .... hey in defense of Alex those stupid mics get freakin heavy and sweaty at a shows end.. just sayin' ;) but this is the second time..hummm once is an accident twice is a show! ;)

If i had nuts to give I would give my left one to see a cellist rock out..... \m/

but thank you all the same the last concert I went to was Hun Huur Tu our audience was stunned quiet and some of us were tearfully worshiping..so I can't give you a thought as to American audiences..
@ A.M. at least the guy that was going to pee where your coat was warned you... :-o
just keep a poor rabbit fan in the loop even if its only binary :D

@Rhiannon: Great you were able to spot yourself in the pictures :D I am always afraid of seeing my face in pictures when I stand front row - I am sure I often look like a gawky sheep or sth. like that, haha. But one searches for that everytime anyway *giggles*

@RabbitFan: Oooh whats the name of your band/project? As you are so familar with the problems of mics I suppose you are musician yourself? :)

Haaa yeeeah thats why I somehow liked that guy, haha...he had a good behavior hadn`t he? *laughs*

the last concert I went to was Hun Huur Tu our audience was stunned quiet and some of us were tearfully worshiping

Aww thats beautiful :)

I have heard of this footy goodness that ERnst has been accused of :ymdevil: wonder how the notes played with a foot are written... heaven forbid a cross over =)) =)) =)) =)) .... so sorry I missed it....
@ AM a long time ago there was a group of us the evolved beyond karoke and we almost started a 40's 50's supper lounge group... I took a lessons for voice and some stage performance.... but that was oh so many moon ago...

I am glad you all had such a good time... :p
i think they really are avante guard

ds-nel posted this link to a review in English:
http://www.reflectionsofdarkness.com/ar ... -2011.html
well, it's true Robert was not at his best but I thought Ernst was like usual! maybe just me...
and yeah, pretty much everyone thinks the same about Vic Anselmo from what I can tell...she plays and sings very well, but her songs are not interesting. :(
but 'blustering' applause?? I think they used the wrong adjective there :p

@ Skrepa as I have said before Ernst Horn in a musical polymath.. :-B yes we want evidence of this footy nonsense.. PICTURES! :D

RaBBitFan meinte:
@ Skrepa as I have said before Ernst Horn in a musical polymath.. :-B yes we want evidence of this footy nonsense.. PICTURES! :D
I'm afraid I did not get any photos...:( it was just a bit, he was joking around with B Deutung!

Oh, those funny "dances" of b.Deutung and Mr.Horn amused me a lot =^_______^=
Especially I like the photo where Mr.Horn plays the synth, which is behind his back)) This is top notch :ymapplause:

Zurück
Oben Unten