Mis-heard lyric?

Rhiannon

I am a Darkstar
Just wondered if any of you have had totally the wrong idea from the lyrics before?
I really thought he was saying 'Another life, another boot' in Reincarnation.... :D I thought boots must be really important to him then ;)

Really nice topic! :D I love those misheard stories ;)
Funny, boots :)) New words, new meanings, right? Hehe.
I know a few of misheard DL lyrics but I have to think a little bit more... if I find some "new meanings" I'll write ;)

Boots... well, you need a lot of boots if you permanently keep being reborn :D

Recently, when I gave the DL Acoustic CD as a birthday present to my friend, we listened to it and she gave me strange looks during the refrain of "Resurrection maschine" - then she demanded to know if Alexander really would sing: "It's a Rechenmaschin'" (which would be a "calculating machine"). =))

Re: Mis-heard lyric? - LONELY

erm - i used to hear "And I tried so hard, yes I tried to get OLD, but the fear kept on strangling my will" - so good to know it´s "to get out" so no need for suicidal tendencies ;) but for years i felt my heartbeat just a bit more, and it meant something to me - to try to get old ;(

Cupids Disease - I thought it was Nobody loves you when you're old at heart but that made not much difference. I even think the real text is comparatively strange.

Well as for WEIRD lyrics...I really thought I must have mis-heard the lyrics for Follow Me...;) but no, I hadn't...;)

The Kiss
Well, the text is quite erotic as it - but, additionally I heard "I payed for you the whole night through" when it is "I played for you ..."

Lady Ash meinte:
The Kiss
Well, the text is quite erotic as it - but, additionally I heard "I payed for you the whole night through" when it is "I played for you ..."
=)) :)) Ooh well I'D do it for free for Veljanov :x

Lady Ash meinte:
The Kiss

YES, the same as I and my best friend heard. I think it's a kind of... universal misheard piece of lyric :D

my personal fav is
'all Wailed in gray'

I know its veiled and v's are w's in Germany.. but that made me laugh... =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

but then again ask me about Hashenfan

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator...:
My husband's fav is
from one minus one

one mile two miles ago~ thats what he heard..

he stated that it innvocative in the sense of a unfulfilled promise.. ;) ;)

From "Where you are":

"And I moved outside/where the lambs are white ..." (it really is /where the lands are wide)

It made me wonder what the heck lambs are coloured like in Berlin or Munich, depending on who wrote that part of the song.

Lady Ash meinte:
From "Where you are":

"And I moved outside/where the lambs are white ..."

hihih...

It is funny... :))

I don't know ... I just can't think of any DL-lyrics I misheard myself even though I am sure there are some... I will think about it :D

It just made me think of the book "Der Weiße Neger Wumbaba" ...
Someone there got Bryan Andams' "I got my first real six-string" wrong as "I got my first real sex dream".... :D

Nice topic! :D

Weisslein meinte:
Boots... well, you need a lot of boots if you permanently keep being reborn :D

Recently, when I gave the DL Acoustic CD as a birthday present to my friend, we listened to it and she gave me strange looks during the refrain of "Resurrection maschine" - then she demanded to know if Alexander really would sing: "It's a Rechenmaschin'" (which would be a "calculating machine"). =))

I actually had a similiar problem, although to my native-english ear, it sounded like he was saying "Erection machine" during the "echo" portion of the refrain. ... Which is probably about as interesting as a "Resurrection machine" anyway :D .

Another problem I used to have is that I couldn't understand the lyrics before I read the lyric book. It's not that Mr Veljanov was "mispronouncing" them, but sometimes (probably to maintain his deep vocals) he'll slur the words together (or in the case of songs like "Forest," actually omit the last syllable or two :p ). So with Kasmodiah as my first album, my first listen of "My Shadows" sounded like it began the chorus with "No, no, no you can't close the door. Yes, yes, flies come in for sure." I did catch the real lyrics with my second run-through though :p

Of course then, there's the issue of understanding what the actual lyrics MEAN, haha.

Gaberl meinte:
So with Kasmodiah as my first album, my first listen of "My Shadows" sounded like it began the chorus with "No, no, no you can't close the door. Yes, yes, flies come in for sure."

I like that one, Gaberl! :))

Gaberl][quote="Gaberl meinte:
Of course then, there's the issue of understanding what the actual lyrics MEAN, haha.

That is an entirely different problem, I'd say.
I keep promising myself that I'll break them down one of these days, I did a degree in modern lyrics, after all! (chiffres don't scare me) - but for some reason I haven't yet. I did try myself at "Kasmodiah" though, and I don't find much evidence of a song written by a troubled father for his daughter, as Mr. Veljanov maintaines. I really see it as a very tender love-song.

Gaberl meinte:
I actually had a similiar problem, although to my native-english ear, it sounded like he was saying "Erection machine" during the "echo" portion of the refrain. ... Which is probably about as interesting as a "Resurrection machine" anyway :D .

Another problem I used to have is that I couldn't understand the lyrics before I read the lyric book. It's not that Mr Veljanov was "mispronouncing" them, but sometimes (probably to maintain his deep vocals) he'll slur the words together (or in the case of songs like "Forest," actually omit the last syllable or two :p ). So with Kasmodiah as my first album, my first listen of "My Shadows" sounded like it began the chorus with "No, no, no you can't close the door. Yes, yes, flies come in for sure." I did catch the real lyrics with my second run-through though :p

I think sometimes his pronunciation is a bit dodgy (eg with Reincarnation, he's definitely pronouncing 'wound' as 'voont' which is why I thought it was boot.
but his accent HAS got better over time, too. That is funny about My Shadows, though :D

Lady Ash meinte:
I keep promising myself that I'll break them down one of these days, I did a degree in modern lyrics, after all! (chiffres don't scare me) - but for some reason I haven't yet.

Let me know if you have anything like a break-through. Sometimes I can get the chiffres thinking three or more times about it - like "midnight sun" for instance. But they never talk to me on an emotional level as they are supposed to. Often my connotation is even opposite. :ymsigh:

Luckily, it is different with the music (at least I hope so :ymdevil: )

mis-heard lyric: In the second stanza of "Love me to the end", I used to get "he'll never get into our end"

@Lady Ash: So much about dying ladies from my side @};- Can I possibly hear Mr. Freud talking there? Absolutely true for myself. :D E.g., I am totally in love with "Maiden in the mor" by Qntal (even though this is after Ernst left the project) I remember that even as a child I was fascinated (though scared) by the bog bodies in the museum in Schleswig - spinning stories around them. And I am still fascinated by Death as a topos. Guess that is part of my feeling about being "goth".

dreamdancer meinte:
as a child I was fascinated (though scared) by the bog bodies in the museum in Schleswig - spinning stories around them.

Funny, that you should mention that. I unearthed my collection of Seamus Heaney's poems the other day. Ever read the "bog poems"? I did my "Staatsexamen" about those and I am just rediscovering my love for such modern lyrics:
E.g.
Bog Queen (S.Heaney)
I lay waiting/between turf-face and demesne wall,/[...] My body was braille/for the creeping influences:/ [...]

Dr. Freud talking in my fixation about Mr Veljanov's "dead ladies"? :-o Possible, but I haven't really thought about it ... Will do, though, after I get some sleep!

Re: Mis-heard lyrichttp://forum.colour-ize.com/posting.php?mode?

I found a new mis-heard lyric when I worked yesterday.
"Death-raft" :D

My ever heard version is:
A human kitty laughs...
but actually Mister Veljanov sings:
The old man can tell us...

Sentido? No :))

Zurück
Oben Unten