Question

Clearwitch

I am a Darkstar
I got hold of an mp3, it's called Desire, by Veljanov/Schiller, apparently off a CD called Leben.

I'm just curious, who's Schiller, and is this a compilation CD with several bands, or a team thing with just those two? A movie soubdtrack, perhaps...

I need your help, because with where I'm from, I really have no way of finding out apart from this place, they don't even sell DL CD's here. :/

Schiller's an electronic artist with some guest singers, e.g. milß, Peter Heppner, Tarja from Ex-Nightwish and Veljanov.

Peter Heppner I think I've heard with Goethe's Erben once? Or maybe that was someone else...

I sense the german music scene will take a while to get aquainted with. :D

Right, Peter Heppner sang "Glasgarten" with Goethes Erben.

Right, that's the one. :)

I have to admit though...it was dreadfully dull. Oh well. Can't like everything, right?

And don't forget about Heppner's own band Wolfsheim!!! Sparrows And The Nightingales or Once In A Lifetime are classics now (at least inn Poland :p )

And don't forget about Heppner's own band Wolfsheim!!! Sparrows And The Nightingales or Once In A Lifetime are classics now (at least inn Poland :p )

Have you seen Wolfsheim and Deine Lakaien last year at Castle Party ?
Amazing polish audience :)

Slati

Unfortunately I couldn't be there... I had payed for other festival (gothic.pl #2) where played Diary of Dreams, Diorama and Silence. I think that Deine Lakaien was in Poland last year and Wolfsheim this year... But I regret lat year not only for DL but also Clan Of Xymox, Project Pitchfork and Suicide Commando... But I didn't have money. But to dry my tears away I have video bootleg of DL concert in Bolk ’w... :D And I'm trying to go with my Sister(in one of the other posts I explained who) and her friend to Germany for "weekend with music" this (2006) year. We plan to go for three or two concerts through the weekend...

Oh, is he the singer in Wolfsheim? "Kein Zuruck" is among my definite favourite songs. :) Along with "Care For You", mainly because of that totally adorable german accent.

I'd love to hear Alexander Veljanov sing in german though, I have a feeling it'd sound rather hot. He barely has a german accent when he sings in english, so it'd be interesting.

It's not a festival... I put it in quotation marks, beause it's what we call this plan... We want to see DL, Diorama and DoD...

And as to Alexander's German accent... He has this German tendency to change /v/ into /w/... As example how it sounds I can remember now only Torben from Diorama singing e. g. "better take adwantage of"

And as for Heppner... I heard Kein Zurueck and wanted to get it but forgot the name of the band and title. Remembered only what the video looked like . A year later I met my Sister, and she told me about nice German synthpop band Wolfsheim and played Kien Zurueck... :D

Yeah, I noticed his "s"'es are a bit german-like too. Just barely, not enough to notice unless you listen for it.

Hi,
there are yet two official songs in which Veljanov is singing in german, first ’Das Lied vom einsamen MädchenÓ on his solo album ’the Sweet LifeÓ (I like this one very much) and ’Nur ein TagÓ together with the band Stendal Blast on their album ’Fette BeuteÓ. Maybe you can get them somewhere.

Greetings
Kris

I've tried looking, but the site I usually buy from doesn't have any Veljanov songs. :(

There's another song too, isn't there? Lass Mich?

It sounded deliciously sub/dom...hehe.

And imagine the looks people give me when I tell them what is written on my shirt... I've painted something like this barcode-like DL logo from the White Lies CD. And when I tell them it of course brings an SM image to mind...

@Slati:
BTW in Polish gothic society (especially amongst my friends) it is in good taste not to be at Castle Party... Each year they want significantly more money and the quality deteriorates too...

And about Wolfsheim:
As a curiosity: First singer of the band recorded only demo tape Kan Manage, and then couldn't continue with Wolfsheim, but he told he knows a good singer Peter Heppner... The weird fact is that they sound identically...

And as to Alexander's German accent... He has this German tendency to change /v/ into /w/... As example how it sounds I can remember now only Torben from Diorama singing e. g. "better take adwantage of"

On the live cd (White Lies) in the song Sometimes this tendency is really prominent..."Shall we be eleWated or pushed into the fire" and also in Supermarket (My Angel) "They Womit as she sings..."

I think it sounds quite adorable ;) (not to offend the German tendency, not at all!) The last example always makes me laugh, because it sounds like a combination of the names "Wallace & Gromit ", those the funny animation figures :: Sorry, just can't help myself ;)

That's really strange. My boyfriend (a proper Englishman) can only hear a very slight german accent in Alexanders singing.
I can totally agree with your boyfriends observations - as far as I can say anything about it with my Dutch background ;). The *only* German accent I hear, is the v-w pronunciation thing in the mentionend songs. I must say that in other songs with words with v's in the, this w-pronunciation doesn't occur...

...they could understand each other very well and this should be all that matters.

Certainly, that's all that matters. It's no criticism whatsoever (like I mentionend before), just an observation :)

Zurück
Oben Unten