Strange Interview with Veljanov

charsky

I am a Darkstar
I'm from Odessa, Ukraine. I'm russian-speaking. Last Night I had a dream in which I interviewed Alexander Veljanov at his secret home somethere underground. He told me he's originally Russian, so I asked him can I call him "Sasha" (short russian for Alexander). And then he said "Please call me Alexandr Ivanovich!".
Does anybody know the name of Veljanov's father, is it really Ivan ??? :)

Alexanders parents are form Macedonia, so it's not likely that his name was Ivan...

But one of his favourite movies is "Ivan the Evil" (Ivan der Schreckliche) by the way.

I thought so about his parents just yesterday. Because Makedonia is the third country in Europe (after Russia and Bulgaria) where "**ov" is a usual form of surname. So I am sure that Alexander's full name must contain the name of his father in a second position as well:
Alexander **ov Veljanov
Does anybody know what to say instead of ** ????

No, sorry. ^^ In my eyes, Alexander doesn't like to speak about familiar and private things, so it's hard to find it out.

Btw, welcome! ^_^ Hope, you enjoy this forum.

Thank you, Sanguinaria! I would like to say that in our modern world there is no obvious reason to obscure anything that concerns closest genealogy. This doesn't seem to be an intrusion into very private life. Slavic people are always proud to be called by full name which contain the father's name. It's always written in passports and other vital documents. You know "Vladimir Illich Lenin", "Illich" means his father was Ilia. Here, where I live, in Odessa, we have "Illich Park". And so on...
As a DL fan who's also Slavic (ukrainian) I would love to speak of Alexander with respect, using his name in full makedonian style. So should I have another dream of another interview to get known what I want to know? :)

You are funny ;) :) . And no, i do not know his full name, if Alexander has this name - construction, that you mean ;) .

Many greetings
Auri

Welcome :) !

I'm not sure but I don't think that patronymic as a second name has such a strong tradition in Macedonia (and Balkan in general) or that it works the same way as among eastern Slavs...
I may be mistaken...
But I think that although patronymics are used in southern-slavonic regions it's mostly in the place of surnames... But as I have said, I'm far from certain... Any Macedonians here? ;)
Eh - nevermind - "Alexander Veljanov" is long enough and sounds cool enough and if there originally was some patronymic between "Alexander" and "Veljanov", he has obviously chosen not to use it.

that's a true: in Macedonia there is no tradition in using the father's name as a second (patronymic) name. A ask my friend from M. We have the same in Poland.

when I talk to my friends about Alex, I always call him Sashenka. Or Sasha.
And int doesn't matter what is his father's name. Btw, I heard, that his father was a Bulgarian

Sasha sound so sweet, soft, warm... :roll:
And when I hear "Alex" I always imagine some kind of Terminator or a police dog :-o

Cesare meinte:
I'm not sure but I don't think that patronymic as a second name has such a strong tradition in Macedonia (and Balkan in general) or that it works the same way as among eastern Slavs...
I may be mistaken...
But I think that although patronymics are used in southern-slavonic regions it's mostly in the place of surnames... But as I have said, I'm far from certain... Any Macedonians here? ;)

Well, I'm a Bulgarian but my grandfather was a Macedonian  :). Yes, we're using the patronymic as a second name and that really doesn't sound so strange to me. The surnames (last names) are usually taken from our grandfathers on father's side (mine is Milenkova :cool:).
draw meinte:
when I talk to my friends about Alex, I always call him Sashenka. Or Sasha.
And int doesn't matter what is his father's name. Btw, I heard, that his father was a Bulgarian

Hope it's true :roll: :wink:!

:) Hello to everybody! I'm from Russia.
I think, information about Alexandr father's name is closed. I guess, nobody knows...
May be it's possible to know just if to ask strightly him!

But it don't seem to me, that it could be Ivan. Is there this name spread in Makedonia? I don't think so. If only his father would be Russian (Ukrainian). But that is already privat theme... no properly.

I remember reading somewhere, his mother is Macedonian and his father German. So it's more likely, his father is named Hans, Werner, Stefan, Martin, Konrad, Karl, ... or something like that... :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D 
I'm not shure, but I think it was in this book: http://www.amazon.de/Gothic-3-Peter-Mat ... 779&sr=1-2
There is an interview with Alexander inside; no, it's more a conversation between Kaaja Hoyda and Alexander (very interesting). (But I've read this long time ago and I just borrowed the book, so I can't check, if it's right)

I know it is kinda late ... but to answer one of the questions in this thread (there isn't much else to do here at the moment):

Mr.V.'s maternal grandfather was from around the Sofia region (which may or may not mean that he was Bulgarian)

Dear Lady and all others,

strange interviews seem to be that one's forte.Apart from his vocal abilities :p , that is.
Some of the strangeness originates with his faulty memory where certain facts of his life are concerned. He seems unable to remember his date of birth, poor man, telling reporters at different times he was born in 1966, was 30 in 1998, but went into a class with people born in 1963 and currently is 46 in 2011.

In times of extreme boredom I find it rather refreshing to write down his strange biography and wonder why he protects irrelevant bits of his privacy with such ferocity.

Zurück
Oben Unten