Which Coversong Would You Want?

Clearwitch

I am a Darkstar
If you could choose...which song would you like the Lakaiens to do a cover (or artistic interpretation) of?

I could definately imagine them doing In The Ghetto (also known as The One Good Song Elvis Made). It would fit Alexanders voice beautifully, and the gods only knows what Ernst could do with the music.

:)

My decision, your decision - I still don't know...

Nick Cave & the bad Seeds - Red Right Hand

or maybe

Japan - Nightporter

I haven't heard the Japan song, but Red Right Hand sounds like a fantastic choice. Think he could sound intimidating enough?

I would love him singing a piece of "Phantom of the opera" or "Walking in the air" which would be nice as this is usually performed in a very high voice (and as far as I'm aware Nightwish had covered it already). I wonder what it would sound like in a warm, low voice.... :heart2:

Oh...imagine Alexander as the phantom, and the Helium Vola singer as...whatshername? Elizabeth? That would be an interesting duet.

I heard Nightwish and Lacrimosa do a duet like that, it was absolutely fantastic.

"Suzanne" by Leonard Cohen.
One of my all-time-favourites for the last 20 years and one of the most beautiful songs I ever heard.
It would be interesting what they could make of this song.

Greetings
Theris

In fact Alexander did a very nice interpretation of a ELVIS song during his solo tour in 2001. It was absolutely memorable !!!! (has anyone recorded this?????) ;)
It was "Always On My Mind". I'd like to have a bootleg of one of the Sweet Life tour concerts too.

BTW if DL ever start to cover Andrew Lloyd Webber I'm going to look for a new favourite band.

"Suzanne" by Leonard Cohen.
One of my all-time-favourites for the last 20 years and one of the most beautiful songs I ever heard.
It would be interesting what they could make of this song.

Greetings
Theris

Didn't Alexander cover a song called "Suzanne" on the das Holz album? I'm sure I read somewhere he did both "Jolene" and "Suzanne". (Oh, the implications of that sentence) But I'm not sure if it was Cohen's "Suzanne".

"Idiot Prayer" by Mr. Cave and the Bad Seeds
"Give in to me" by M. Jackson (not kidding, I mean it...;-))
"Swimming Horses" by Siouxie and the Banshees
"Twist in my sobriety" by Tanita Tikaram...
"Walking in my shoes" by Depeche Mode...

And lots of others... With Ernst's brilliance and Alex's voice - y'know... Even the Teletubbies theme would sound good...;-)

I wonder what they could make out of the angrier Cave songs...like "Brother, My Cup Is Empty" or "Thirsty Dog"...although that could be a strain on a poor foreigner's english skills.

After I heard what Dreadful Shadows done to Twist in My Sobriety I can only listen to their version...

Maybe a traditional song? Something like Johnny Cash's Sam Hall (brilliant lyrics, had me using the phrase "damn your eyes!" for months) or Long Black Veil. Not sure who had the original, but Nick Cave made a great cover.

Zurück
Oben Unten