Deine Lakaien in Sweden

Dea

Administrator
Teammitglied
Good news for our "nordic fans":

Deine Lakaien are booked for an "Acoustic"-Gig on the swedish Arvika-Festival.
They will play on Saturday, 16.07.2005 :)

Amazing! I have had tickets for months, such a nice suprise to seem them being booked. WUNDERBAR!

Yeah, this was my first concert with Lakaien since they've never played in the scandinavia. That was by far the best night I have ever experienced in my entire life! I was at the very front right in the middle, just a couple of feets away from Veljanov. The band played excellent, and I really love their acoustic versions. Veljanov made an excuse for not having played in Sweden earlier during their 24 years as a band, and said that this wouldn't be their last time. They really seemed to enjoy it and the crowd was quite big (aproximately 15000 visitors on the Festival, many of them present at their performance). They played two songs from April Skies, and I guess it's only Over & Done that has been performed acoustic before. Too bad they didn't play The Walk on the Moon or Into Your Arms, but I'm more than satisfied :)

Anyway, an idiot yelled "Turn on the [censored] machines", and Alexander countered it by singing a bit from "Mindmachine" and then ignoring him, nice done! :) I felt ashamed in front of that moron, don't listen to him Deine Lakaien, we all love you (like many of us yelled a copuple of times) :)

The concert at Arvika was magical! The connection between us the audience, and the band was truly amazing. I even shed a tear =) Thank you so, so, so much for a night i will never forget!

Wow, it sounds really great, that concert! Nice that you finally got the chance to see them perform!

I thought about going to the Arvika festival, but it was too much fuss for me (I'm from Holland)...too bad, the Lakaien don't play that many acoustic sets! On the other hand: I'll see them at M'era Luna, that's very nice too :) By the way: what was the other song from AS that they played?

And what did you think of the rest of the festival? The line-up looks quite good...

Thank you for the nice report. 15000 visitors? Must have been really big. I'm glad you had a wonderful time and the audience was in such a great mood.
Don't worry too much about the shouter, there have been drunken harassers at concerts here too. DL are accustomed to them.

I've got some more pics and even small video clips (bad quality thought), I'll try to upload them and give you the link later on. Too bad my battery ran out =/

And the_no, is that supposed to be the projection to In Your Room on the Depeche Mode's Exciter tour?

Hehe, I've been collecting Depeche Mode records for years now, I have over 400 bootlegs on CDr's, believe me, I don't have to look them up, they are the best band in the world, Deine Lakaien comes on a well deserved second place :) I'm an obsessed devotee and an addicted DMMB user, believe me :)

Thanks for the link. It's quite an extensive festival report with excellent pictures.
I just can't comprehend that VNV Nation scored more points than DL. ;)

Zurück
Oben Unten