Musical Memory

Clearwitch

I am a Darkstar
Do any of you have a specific memory, good or bad, connected to any of the Deine Lakaien songs? Something you feel you'll never forget, that you'll always connect to that specific song.

The "over and done" track remembers me sitted in my chair, in my flat when I was in Prague. sigh...

I don't have any specific instances where I heard a song and something happened, mainly because I'm still so new to their music. I've only been a (very devoted) fan for some months, after all.

But associations are plenty.

At the moment, it's Veljanov's "Fragile Little Thing" that makes me go all funny inside. Something in not only the lyrics, but the softness and mood of the song brings back memories of the first time I fell really head over heels in love. That was pretty much how it felt, completely engulfed in each other with no thoughts for the rest of the world. He was the world.

I like going down memory lane that way, to be reminded of things in the past, memories I have forgotten, and people I have lost. I spend so much time focusing on the present, and the future, it's easy to neglect the past.

And it makes me feel comfortably nostalgic. I miss the feelings from then, even though I don't really miss him too much. But something that makes you tear down all defenses and jump in headfirst, should be treasured.

Comfortably nostalgic, I like that phrase.

There are things, odors, images, sounds, that make me remember special things. The one I love most when I smell something from the past, like a fragance...

Oh yes. I remember I was in a toy store once, and I smelled something that threw me right back into my childhood. I couldn't pinpoint it, but it gave me a strong feeling of being a child, playing in my room, and that twist-and-turn gut feeling of any strong emotion. It was really unnerving.

I walked back and forth between the shelves, trying to find the source, and at last I did. It was some leather toy suitcases, I had one as a child, identical, with the same stilistic red flower on the lid. They were stacked in behind some other toys, at the bottom shelf by the floor, so it took a while to see them.

I have strong recollections every time I hear Return and Love Me To The End... They were my ex-girlfriend's favorites...

Some songs reminde strongly of my ex-boyfriend too, mainly because i heard DL back then almost every day non stop. He even drove to hamburg with me to see the DL accoustic concert...it was such a great concert!!!!...he liked the music to, but was more into apocalyptica or vnv nation...that was about 4 years ago...when we/i broke up my life completly changed...i wonder what became of him...would be nice to know, my boyfriend wouldn ’t like it... i guess ;)

I sometimes (ha ha) meet her and generaly know what's going on. She has my phone number, and I've got her's but I'm not quite into calling, and asking how are things going with new guy... She didn't like the music I do (in general) but DL caught her a bit...

Zurück
Oben Unten