Alexander Hoffman-Veljanov ?

Yes, I know the Macedonian articles on his work and also, yes, that is his name. How did you stumble across it (the article, not the name) because I had a great deal of help learning about it ...

I totally agree that the Porta Macedonia is a brilliant album. As far as I know the new Veljanov album will maybe feature the "lost" duetto between Veljanov and Trajkoski, which is the original version of "His Vita" ... So let's wait and see what the future holds in store.

Hi,

I found this by typing Trajkovski + Macedonian + Veljanov in Google :) plus I do read cultural websites talking about the Balkanic area... The balkanic states are part of my favorite spots to travel, especially Macedonia, Bosnia and Albania.

Really enjoyed the "T'ga za jug" song from "Run Run Vangard" with Veljanov.

How did you discover this on your side ?

Well, I have an acquaintance who knows a lot about Macedonian music and as we were talking about it last summer, I suddenly got sent "your" interview and another one, dealing with the working of Circo Europia.
http://www.blesok.com.mk/tekst.asp?lang=eng&tekst=1026

I also enjoyed the lyrics of t'ga za jug very much (such a beautiful, sad poem), but I don't know how close to the text Veljanov is singing. Rumour has it, by the way, that he has the most "adorable" accent in Macedonian. Though totally irrelevant, I thought this remark was rather cute ;;)

Thanks for sharing this.

When you say "As far as I know the new Veljanov album...", you mean a new solo album is planned ?
Can't wait if it is true.

you mean a new solo album is planned

He has been talking both about continuing the Porta Macedonia theme as well as introducing elements of (dark) jazz on a new album.
But these were very by-the-way remarks and I don't think that he has a fixed date, yet.

Zurück
Oben Unten