Amphi English report ;)

Rhiannon

I am a Darkstar
So...there is a lot in German...and I thought I'd add some English. Most of this is from my (private) blog actually, it was written around the time I was still there or just home, so it is ok...;)
Saturday...off to Amphi about 11am. Crossing the bridge was funny, a mixture of bemused looking tourists and...goths. Lots of goths! ;) Feel a bit like I am part of a secret society here and the other goths nod at you when you see them on the streets.
Amphi is quite compact, all within the Tanzbrunnen site, with the main stage area which is outdoor but partly covered by great big umbrellas, the Staatenhaus where other bands play and the theatre where they had lectures etc. Luckily it is also paved so you don´t get the mud factor that you get at say Reading or Glastonbury...because the weather was rather dodgy.
Well first day of Amphi was good although did not end up seeing that many bands but saw the ones that counted, well Die Krupps and of course LAKAIEN. Both of whom were BRILLIANT. I had not seen Die Krupps live before so that was great. Zeraphine were also pretty good although I spent most of that one laughing at this man who had just drained a bottle of Jagermeister and was now EXTREMELY pissed and, er, had his own personal way of dancing, which involved putting his hand out and waving it about and putting it on the heads of girls in front of him. Who of course were trying their best to avoid him. An older woman behind him started doing the same thing back to him which was pretty funny as well. Then he turned around, staggered straight towards me with hand outstretched - I was somewhat worried about whether he was after my boobs - but he kept moving, thank goodness.
Managed to meet up with Colorwriter, Nachteule, snails, Schusselalex, Uli, Brosze, tigress, Meister Athaneius, Empi, ds-nel, pandora84, Lady Ash... I am terrible so have probably forgotten someone, please remind me ;) - we wondered where Queeny and Dea were, but they did arrive rather late - I caught sight of Dea taking photos during Lakaien and flagged her down then ;). So we saw both of them afterwards and had a group photo session. ;)
Lakaien were great, Veljanov had a cold but was otherwise in good form, quite cheery and saying quite a lot. Went down on his knees at one point as well and during Return went around saying "will you be there? will you be there?" to the audience. And...Tip For Getting Veljanov to Look At You Quite a Bit During the Concert No. 1: Have very large boobs in a corset that is a bit too small. ;) Ha ha works for me ;) Yep München was the only Lakaien show so far where I didn´t get a lot of looks from Veljanov and that was the one where I wore a jumper...;) Ha ha well he is a man after all and seems to be straight! ;)
It was strange with no Robert but the strings department were on good form as well, having a sword fight with their bows at one point, and generally looking happy and joking. I was quite far from Ernst unfortunately. What I always like about him is that he is always out on stage during the sound check as well - of course Veljanov does not appear until the very last minute. ;)
I am so bad at remembering playlists...obviously they did not play as long as during the tour concerts, but did play Love Me to the End, which I think both Lady Ash and I were very happy about, since we had not been to a concert where it was played live before. :) I am hoping the playlist has been written down somewhere else...:D
They did an unusual version of Colour-ize which was almost spoken...it was interesting at least. And they did do Into My Arms, Return and Forest so I was happy about those.
Anyway that was Saturday...Sunday I felt calmer because I wasn´t too stressed about seeing the bands. It started off very well when I went to watch Der Fluch! Wow they were so great! Apparently they are a pretty old punk band, but really fantastic. I went to their autograph session afterwards just cos I wanted to say hello to them! And the lead singer was really nice, and spoke perfect English. He has a great body for someone who must be about 50, too! (Edit: I have just realised how that sounds. He took his shirt off during their show - NOTHING ELSE! ;))
Watched VERY BOOOORRRRINNG band after that, nearly fell asleep, Ordo Rosario something or other. Not the best to follow Der Fluch. Went outside to the main stage (I´d been in the Staatenhaus) and there was Funkenhaus playing, I wished I had watched more of them instead as they were pretty funny, they appear to have a dwarf playing keyboards!
Then watched Diorama back in the Staatenhaus, they were great, then Clan of Xymox, also good although well in typical old goth band fashion they don´t really do much on stage. ;)
Met Nachteule, snails, Schusselalex, pandora84 and Robbe (? sorry I am not quite sure if that is her forum name), after that and we went to watch the singer from Letzte Instanz reading some parts from a new book he has written and singing some poetry I guess as well. That was nice and calm and I did understand quite a lot, because he spoke very clearly and quite slowly. The speed is usually my main problem with understanding, sometimes also because I lack vocabulary.
After him...just sort of hung out for a while. We did watch Saltatio Mortis, I wasn´t quite so into the music but the singer is MENTAL which is always a good thing. He did a crowd surf right out to the back of the audience and then back to the stage, still singing the whole time!!! WOW...They also seem to be a rather short band, they had one tall guy at the back and then the rest were very small...
Saw a tiny bit of De/Vision too, shame we didn´t see more, they sounded quite good. I mean we were not there for long.
Didn´t really watch Nitzer Ebb, we were walking around, watched Subway to Sally for a while but I don´t really like them, then went back into the Staatenhaus for Covenant. They sounded great but we could not see very well (had a 7 ft tall transvestite cybergoth in front of us..), well saw a little bit. The singer seems a bit of a Bono-type prat though, kept making grand pronouncements.
Anyway....lovely to see everyone, I am just sad that we did not find ds-nel or Empi on Sunday...

Thank you for this report Rhiannon :)

The Setlist:
On your stage again
Into my arms
Over and done
Where you are
Gone
Europe
Forest
One Night
Blue heart
Return
Colourize
Fighting the green
Reincarnation
Love me to the end

Rhiannon, I love your report! :ymhug: It's so lively and funny, oh, I love English writing! I may want to alter my style of dress a little before the next concert; thanks for your insights on that point :)) And yes, both the knee-fall (very nicely done as he was just then begging the audience to catch him if he fell) and the live performance of "Love me to the End" were first-times for me, too.

I quite liked Zeraphine, too - but Die Krupps were way too loud for me. Did you warch the Dreadful Shadows on sunday? How do they compare to Zeraphine as Sven Friederichs is leadsinger with both of them? Did anyone see the Salonorchester Weimar? They are supposed to be quite good, but I didn't see them at all.

It was really great meeting you, Rhiannon, I am so glad about that :)

Thank you for a nice and detailed report. I had to laugh at your little bit small Corset and Veljanov's look on you :D Great!

Oh - Robbe is not active in Colour-Ize Forum - sometimes she is reading here.
She is a friend of mine since al long time ago, but some of us Colour-Izler know her from another Forum...

@ Ash, I saw the Salonorchester Weimar and it was great. Bach, Mozart and Rammstein and the Story of Hansel and Gretel.

Lady Ash meinte:
Rhiannon, I love your report! :ymhug: It's so lively and funny, oh, I love English writing! I may want to alter my style of dress a little before the next concert; thanks for your insights on that point :)) And yes, both the knee-fall (very nicely done as he was just then begging the audience to catch him if he fell) and the live performance of "Love me to the End" were first-times for me, too.

I quite liked Zeraphine, too - but Die Krupps were way too loud for me. Did you warch the Dreadful Shadows on sunday? How do they compare to Zeraphine as Sven Friederichs is leadsinger with both of them? Did anyone see the Salonorchester Weimar? They are supposed to be quite good, but I didn't see them at all.

It was really great meeting you, Rhiannon, I am so glad about that :)
Thanks dear, it was lovely to meet you too! :D No I did not watch Dreadful Shadows but someone (I've forgotten who) was saying that they seemed to be exactly the same as Zeraphine so it seemed odd that he had the 2 bands, since normally singers with 2 bands do something different in each band...? I don't really know...I know i have heard Dreadful Shadows before but don't really remember.

Oh, and thanks for posting the playlist, pandora! I can never remember things like that

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator...:
Thanks for your report, Rhiannon :)
I like to read others because I'm too lazy to write one

It was nice to meet you and it'd be great to meet you again at any Lakaien concert :)

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator...:
Hate you all.. I am naming my kidney stone after a couple letters in ALL your names real and imagined.. =(( =(( =(( take this as a sign of how much I adore the Lakiens and yes you all too..although I would not want to see you in concert (unless you were messing around grime step ) But it would be a huge dream come true to see you all AT a DL concert venue...ps i'm not wearing all black...maybe none at all~black that is

ok NE is the band to see... sorry you missed it.. they really put on a show...
The only time covenant is good when Daniel Meyers is working with them... so you all got to see good covenant vs goth pop covenant ..~I still feel ear raped from that concert :((

I won't complain too much at least I have this.. a small window into the band, sorry to be terse but seriously I have a large kidney stone rolling around in the neither regions of my lower left kidney!

Grazie Rhiannon
and happy summer to the rest of you

a very cantankerous rabbitfan
love to the lakaiens , and the colour- ize tribe

Sorry to hear about your kidney stones Rabbit...:( hope you'll be better soon!!! I had gallstones and that was bad enough...but at least with those, they can take your gallbladder out and you won't really miss it...not quite the same thing with kidneys...:(
did anyone direct you to the link to Dea's photos?
http://de.colour-ize.com/index.php?2011 ... tival-2011
I don't really like Nitzer Ebb although it's their fans' fault more than them.

Oh Rabbit, I feel with you. Makes you feel like having a child all over again, doesn't it? I hope it passes soon and you'll be right as rain after.

About the Amphi, yes, it would make you feel bad, wouldn't it? Maybe you can make it to some other concert (I'd offer you the hospitality of my house if the concert was near by, except that my part of the country is not what you want to visit when having travelled such a long way - ask Brosze). But I haven't given up hope of meeting you.

And also, the new Helium Vola is coming out soon, and SURELY Ernst Horn will be having at least one concert in honour of that, won't he?

Zurück
Oben Unten