Ernst on MySpace

dreamdancer

I am a Fama Tuba
Hi everybody,

just in case you have not yet noticed - there are things happening on Ernst's MySpace side http://www.myspace.com/ernsthorn. You can listen to one of his very first synth compositions "Einzelhaft" and read and article in "History part I". It was published in the magazine "keyboard" and is in English.

I am waiting for part II ;;)

Enjoy!

A very curious dd

:D YAY!! DD
Thanks oh high musician of the TDG... note to selves go to webpage after much sleep..

Very interesting, thank you!
I like this song very much. Fascinating. I can hear (the) Ernst in it. :)

Not yet part II of the history, but Ernst wrote a piece for the Neue Philharmonie Frankfurt, which is going to have its premiere the day after Halloween (on "Allerheiligen", as this day is called in Germany).
Actually, it is composed of two pieces, one aria written by Ernst and one aria by Haendel (G.F.) with instrumentation by Ernst. The whole work is called "Spiegelarien" ("Mirror arias") (have a look) :)

The premier is a part of the concert evening "barock 2.0""barock 2.0" at the Capitol theater in Offenbach.
Ticketinformation

I will definitly try to go there...

Still no history part II but more news about "Spiegelarien": I already wondered that it would be nice to know in advance which Haendel aria is in the piece. Ernst must have been reading my mind :-o and posted that it is "Rejoice" from the Messiah.

Ernst's own aria picks up another line from the Messiah "The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light" and combines it with the last line of "Rejoice" "He is the righteous Saviour, and He shall speak peace unto the heathen." And because Ernst believes that this statement is questionable with respect to evangelization and British colonialization, he combines it in his with "justice" as condition for peace - "justice for Jews, Muslims and Christians", as he writes. Ernst himself is going to accompany with piano and electronic music.
(I shortened the text a bit - hope I kept the spirit)

It seems that no release is planned so far. I am so excited that I will be there
mf_w00t1.gif

(smiley is a bit overenthusiastic - just like me ;) )

Just to let you know: One of Ernst’s latest radio plays “Klinik” is now available on CD (see: here). The text is by Michael Lentz, a German author – rather famous. You should be aware though, that the focus is on the text here. So if you do not understand German, perhaps you might not find that much pleasure in listening. Although, I have to admit that I did not like the text that much. I got the complete idea somewhen halfway through. I felt the rest rather lengthy without any additional points. Then again, I am one of the impatient sort.

And still waiting for history part II :ymdevil:

yes thanks DD I got that last transmission too... due to syntactical differences I do not GROK the meaning of that post.. confusing was mine to be taken of.. So I am glad that it wasnt that spectacular( I think perhaps DD and I suffer from the twin paradox only one of us has not left the building so to speak) you know I hate to miss out on something good.. but I have faith the our dwarf father will render it beautifully as only he can do :D :D

many thanks Alice

Now there is History part II! :) Some nice unpublished photos...

myspace.de/ernsthorn meinte:
In the "photos"- section we're now showing pictures by the German photographer Bianca Frohard. Apart from "20 Years of Electronic Avantgarde" pictures, there're also further photos of Ernst Horn.

Enjoy!
Ernst Horn @ Myspace

The photos are nice, indeed. But I have to admit that I was hoping for some stories from the "early" days...Well, maybe there will be history part III

Zurück
Oben Unten