Favorite song for a funeral

Your funeral will last over three hours with all those songs you keep picking Clearwitch : naughty:  :cool:

I'm in better position, because I won't have a funeral... I'll sell my body for scientific experiments and then give the money I will get for me for a party for my friends... :D Or sth like that... Definetly no funeral... Won't take any more precious piece of the ground...

gaseki meinte:
I'm in better position, because I won't have a funeral... I'll sell my body for scientific experiments and then give the money I will get for me for a party for my friends... :D Or sth like that... Definetly no funeral... Won't take any more precious piece of the ground...

Well you could get burnt Gaseki no room in the ground needed then  : naughty: and Clearwitch of course traditional viking funeral, might cause some confusion to other shipping though :cool:

Yeah, I suppose setting fire to a long boat and pushing it out in sea might cause a slight uproar...at least with the local fire department.

"Days gone by"

gaseki meinte:
DL doesn't have good funeral music IMO... I'd rather choose Diary of Dreams - But The Wind Was Stronger...But if it has to be DL... 2nd Sun maybe...

"But The Wind Was Stronger" would be great for this occasion. Or "Flood of tears" for me, i think.

First time my mother heard " into my arms" she asked if it was a funeral song , so maybe someone should try it ...wait and see

why did noone get the idea to play over and done  yet?

or maybe if you`re married and have some strange sense of humor you could also play kiss

I would prefer a funeral song that is not sad but which lets the people leave with hope and peace in their hearts. From Deine Lakaien, maybe "2nd sun" would do the job, but even more I would like " May be".

Otherwise, Mozart is really great. The "Requiem" is probably too long for an ordinary funeral but the "Lacrimosa" is just perfect. It feels like "let go" for me.

Well... Dire Straits - Brothers in arms is very good for farewell. Maybe Coldplay - Parachutes.
Deine Lakaien - Wunderbar.
Marianne Faithfull - Who will take my dreams away.
Angelo Badalamenti - Heartbeat to a gunshot.
Angelo Badalamenti - End titles (from movie "A very long engagement")
I think all "A very long engagement" soundtrack is very suitable for funeral, though movie is about love...
I'm thinking about defining playlist in my testament :)

And what's the difference between love and death ;) (oh, I'm so f***ing gothic and dark <hahaha>)
Taking about this reminds me of a fragment from my favorite movie "High Fidelity"
"I always fantasized about a group of women singing "You're the best thing that ever happened to me" by Gladys Knight. But who would these women be?"

Walk to the moon from DL... or Blag Zhivot from Veljanov. Dunno. There are a lot songs I want for my funeral&nbsp; : pleased:

Clearwitch meinte:
I've loved that song sinbe I was ten or so. &nbsp;:) &nbsp;I heard he wrote that when he found out he was dying?

Non-DL song...apart from pretty pretty Phoenix Rising...I'd say Queen's Who Wants To Live Forever would be a splendid choice.

Terry Jacks isn't dead yet, he still make shows.

My favourite song would be...hm...maybe colourize...but i'm not sure.

Zurück
Oben Unten