Lyrics meanings

Nja, I don't know, I think he'd sound great in german. After all, he does english, french and macedonian/bulgarian all equally well. I see no reason why german shouldn't be just as successful. The language seems expressive enough, for sure. Could be he feels it's too "hard" though?

I agree, I think Alexanders voice suits German very well...the Stendal Blast song is a good example. IMHO is Lass Mich even better... ;) Or maybe that's just because of the combination of the subject of the song, the language and the way he sings it :p

...IMHO is Lass Mich even better... ;) Or maybe that's just because of the combination of the subject of the song, the language and the way he sings it :p
So you prefer him whispering and shouting. ;)

I think they chose English because it generally sounds much better as song language and because it's international.
Could be also a matter of easier songwriting. You often can say things in English in a shorter and more accurate way. Also I experienced that sometimes one and the same sentence sounds serious in English while the German version seems a bit stupid.

But of course, the exception proves the rule. "Nur ein Tag" is a great song as is "Das Lied vom einsamen Mädchen".

Also I experienced that sometimes one and the same sentence sounds serious in English while the German version seems a bit stupid.

Adrian Hates (Diary of Dreams) said the same thing, when asked why some songs are in German and some in English...

DL also have this tendency towards minimalism in their song lyrics, using only the necessary words, or even less. Unlike people like Nick Cave (which I'm used to) who are extremely wordy. It seems reasonable as Blackloser says, that it can be hard to cut down to the absolute minimum in german.

I agree. And I like minimalistic lyrics but... sometimes it's hard for me to understand :-|, like -Dialetic- I cannot understand the plot of the story, can anyone of you give me a glimpse?

That one's difficult to follow for me too, and definately hard to attempt to explain. It remains me of Soul Asylum's "String Of Pearls".

Maybe sometimes is good not to understand... in absence of an objective meaning to plot, my head start to invent tales about the song. Who knows, maybe I wouldn't like the real story.

I guess DL don ’t care too much if we get or not what they -really- want to say...
When I write stuff, I don't care if others understand, I just think: If you understand then it was meant to be for you; if not, well...

Personally, I think it's more important that texts makes people think. If everyone has their own interpretation, it means you hit them, you made them think and spin tales. Music should induce emotions.

I only know that Lucy lost her baby, it drowned, and then, at the aend, she commits suicide jumping into water, while one of the guys is watching the sunset... And for great sunset you can visit www.wisniewski.net ... It's great...

It is something sad about someone committing suicide all alone (is there any other way?) while the ones who should care, are off enjoying themself with something completely different. And sunset is a pretty metaphor for death.

You could read a lot into that song if you tried. :)

This is what I am making of this song:

IMO this song is about the injustices of life.
By describing the life lines of several people (who as the song unfolds turned out to be more entwined as supposed) we see that some forge ahead while others suffer from the rigours of life, inflicted by others who are often on the sunny side, become desperate and even commit suicide.
The narrator, a philanthropist and observer of all this has to put his (good) faith in mankind into "armoured caskets" to prevent it from turning into the opposite. Even if the flowers around get cut the faith will (hopefully) be shielded.
Life is full of dichotomy, as the blooming meadows who get cut by children emblematise. But you can't really hate them for it because they are affected by other sad circumstances (kitchens in disarray).
It doesn't matter if you believe in the defining of black & white (= good & evil) or in a life full of grey shades (which according to some people will lead to the decay of mankind), life will go on as always and there will always be injustices and bliss.

To me the song spreads a sad and kind of resigning mood.

Well maybe "i'm gettin' paranoid" but Death-Raft can be based on the prophecies of Alois Irlmaier?
and I am not sure but also are something in Through The Hall

so what you think, i'm gettin' paranoid?

Well, me again! Ok, in this issue I have to say than rather what they wanted to express in the songs (because songs are a whole) I think is better to say what YOU feel by listening to those songs. It's like.... Art. Is pretty subjecive, and every one of us has our own opinion. For example,  I love Mark Rothko's paitings, and some people I know hate them, they think those paintings have nothing to look at (just coloured squares), and they ask me 'Why you make a fuss about it?' For me it's just about the same, but now that you mention this what do you think about:
And our skin is burning
On a journey never ending
We will visit places
In a long lost world
Feel you skin so hot
Even night is trembling
Between longing fingers
Melts the sky away
Burning naked bodies
Kisses screen to screen
Entering the valley
Where will we meet James D.

I don't have to say which song it is, right? Anyway, the ting is that (for me, maybe for all of us) is describing a sexual relation, but it is actually describing that? I think this is maybe what Veljanov and company wanted to tell us, a beauiful way to describe sex! But is it? What do you think?

Zeit meinte:
I think this is maybe what Veljanov and company wanted to tell us, a beauiful way to describe sex! But is it? What do you think?

Maybe... I think the same ;) But there are some other lyrics like this... I don't know which. The title of this song says all about  : naughty:

Zurück
Oben Unten