Mis-heard lyric?

I am quite hooked on the bonus CD of the Porta Macedonia and heard in Sweet and Sour:

your rotten days will soon be past when actually Mr. Veljanov is talking about the autumn days

However, I don't think this is due to a faulty pronounciation but actually difficult if not impossible to articulate clearly when singing slowly with long vowels. And rotten days sound so much more commonplace than autumn days ... But rotten or autumn, I love the song.

Nice topic!
One of the first songs I listened to: Mindmachine
I always heard "my machine" and pictured Veljanov with a motorbike (influenced by German, where Maschine can be used as another word for motorbike).

Lysanthe meinte:
Nice topic!
I always heard "my machine" and pictured Veljanov with a motorbike (influenced by German, where Maschine can be used as another word for motorbike).

Woohaaa =)) Thanks for the inoffical continuance of The Man With The Silver Gun! :))

Brosze meinte:
Lysanthe meinte:
Nice topic!

Woohaaa =)) Thanks for the inoffical continuance of The Man With The Silver Gun! :))

Dito Woohaa =)) --- It seems that mainly the songs with "Machine" in the title evoke the strangest mental images in particular... like this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/whiteling/Drawings/01b6d32b.jpg

Speedy Alexander, of course with a made-to-measure crash helmet. :D

@ Weisslein: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymhug: THANK YOU =)) I love it!... This individual helmet :))

in "Lonely", I switch between hearing "and the day hides a falling star" and "and the daylight's a falling star" (both of which make perfect sense for me) ...

It's not actually a mis-heard lyric, but I did wonder what Ernst Horn meant in Wunderbar with the lyric 'when I'm tight'. See in English this could have 2 meanings - the current British English meaning when you say someone is 'tight' is that they don't want to spend their money (it's usually used for Scottish people ha ha ha). There was another meaning from about the 1920s that you get if you read PG Wodehouse or something like that which was that you were drunk - so I really wonder what Ernst Horn meant here and if he's 90 years behind when it comes to English slang :D

Zurück
Oben Unten