Qntal

A

Anonymous

I love Qntal! Will they ever ever play in England? And what is the singer's name? Where is she from?
Rach

hi rach!
the singers name is sigrid hausen, sometimes she ’s called syrah. you can also listen to her in a band called "estampie", an ensemble for early music from munich. more information from this band you will find under: www.estampie.de
i hope i could help you
:Dcu
no.

Thank you. I am going to look for things by Estampie. Qntal 2 is wonderful. I love every song on it.

You might also want to check out Helium Vola. It's kind of the same style and the same roots...

A new Qntal album will be released in February 2003.

Yes, Qntal 2 is one of my favourites too.
Like Carl already wrote you must listen to Helium Vola. Although its the same style (medieval poetry, Old German and Latin language accompanied by mostly electronic sounds) HV in my opinion is more sophisticated (in the means of vanguard electronic sounds and complex harmonies) . Ernst definitely didn't restrain himself. ;)
However you won't miss that kind of beautiful quiet songs, for instance "Du bist min", which we all love so much.

@ Claus: Thanx for the info. Lets see/ hear what they have become without Mr.Horn.

> A new Qntal album will be released in February 2003.

I did not know that. Glad to hear that they continue.
Thanks for the info. I am quite curious now.

This is what I found to the new album:

Nach langem Warten gibt es endlich Neuigkeiten aus dem Hause Qntal: Syrah und ihre Musiker Michael Popp (Multiinstrumentalist) sowie Fil (neu an den Keybords) stellten bereits beim diesjährigen Wave-Gotik-Treffen einige Stücke ihres neuen Programms vor, und seitdem wurde noch viel an dem neuen Material gefeilt. Das neue Album wird Anfang Februar auf dem Stars-In-The-Dark-Label (im Vertrieb von EFA; das Entdeckerlabel von Subway To Sally und In Extremo) erscheinen. Es handelt sich um ein Konzeptalbum, welches sich um die tragische Liebesgeschichte von Tristan und Isolde dreht.

[DW / 05.11.02 / Quelle: Vielklang]

Hi,

i had the chance to listen to Qntal on this years WGT.
But i must say i wasn't really impressed from their
performance. Maybe i was just focussing too much on
the old Qntal with Ernst Horn. Anyway, the new Qntal
has not much in common with the old one, that's my
personal opionion.

Slati

I didn't like it either, but one has to consider that Syrah was really ill, so her voice sounded so terribly. As far as I know she hasn't recovered yet, so I'm rather suprised that Qntal is supposed to record a new album... ::

Lailah

Syrah is ill again? I saw her in Hamburg with Estampie in April this year and she was ill there too.

No, she's not ill again, she has been ill since the WGT - as far as I'm informed.

I got some news today:

QNTAL finally announces releasedate new album
It has taken them a while to settle things, but there's finally news from the QNTAL camp. The material that Syrah and musicians Michael Pop and Fil presented at this year's Wave Gotik Treffen in Leipzig has been completely recorded and will see the CD shops early February. To be released on the Stars In The Dark Label (home for Subway To Sally and In Extremo) the album has turned out be a conceptalbum around the tragic lovestory of Tristan and Isolde.

Lailah

Don't you think that Qntal I & II are just Ernst Horn's albums with guest musicians and vocalist? "I don't know, but something isn't right here" I guess that when Ernst decided to leave Qntal he continued what he wanted to do with Qntal in Helium Vola, and Qntal did what they wanted always to do but Ernst didn't let them... I think that they've had enough of his dominance (I hear Ernst only on two first Qntals) and decided to split... But I don't know for sure, "All I am is the observer"

If that's true (and I doubt he is the one to be blamed for everything) I'm glad it turned out this way.
In my opinion Helium Vola is genius, Qntal (from III on) is at most average.
BTW on their Album Qntal III they recycled some of the melodies from the Estampie album "Ludus Danielis". This tells me a lot, particularly when they don't even write the lyrics themselves.
And since Ernst Horn is a gentleman you'll never know the complete truth about the split.

I didn't mean to blame Ernst. It's what I belive happened. I belive that because of the difference of the style... Qntal turned from electronics to rock in my opinion... And it's good that HV is different. Would you like to listen to dozens of identical bands (vide metal scene imho)?

Well, I believe they turned form art to commercial stuff... which is a pity cos Syrah is such a good singer. Just my 2 cents.

And lately I'v listened their last album Ozymandias... I don't want to offend anyone so won't tell a word about it...

Hello guys! 

Well, I decided to put some live into the QNTAL-Topic....as a QNTAL-Fan I have no chance to talk about the band anywhere....the QNTAL-Forum got destroyed by hackers... :-( so Im glad theres a topic about them here...

I have to say that I like all of their albums, the latest one "Translucida" is really great.

Soon they`re going to release a Best-Of. The double CD will be called "Purpurea" and will contain old hits but also remixes and rare songs....theyre touring through Germany in November this year. For more information check the official website: www.qntal.de

I think Helium Vola is also great, Sabine Lutzenberger is such a great singer...
Seems as if QNTAL and Helium Vola get along well for they work on a project together....

A woman called "Kassia" wrote several songs in the middle-ages which have never been recorded before. Now, Sigrid Hausen(QNTAL, Estampie), Sabine Lutzenberger(Helium Vola), Gerlinde Sämann(guest appearences with Estampie) and Lisa Pawelke(which you might know as a former member of the german folk-group "Faun") want to sing the Kassia-Songs as a choir....We can be very excited!

Ehww really QNTAL VI is hard to bond with in my opinion. V was great and hedging its way back up to the likes of 1 and 2. I enjoyed all the pieces on V.... I must say for what its worth... Mr. Popp looks very very haggard on the album of VI..... I heard they gave a rather lackluster performance at the faire festival this year in Oregon... But that the estampie performances were really great.. but not the QNTAL ones??? curious.... again this is just hear say... I was not able to attend....

Zurück
Oben Unten