Strange Interview with Veljanov

prettyboy87 meinte:
In times of extreme boredom I find it rather refreshing to write down his strange biography and wonder why he protects irrelevant bits of his privacy with such ferocity.

I think his private life is irrelevant.
Of course it's interesting to catch a bit information about his life behind the mic but... :-o It would be a horror to me if I were famous... some people I've never seen want to know every fart I did or not. What's the matter if he was born in 1963, 1965 or 1966?
Sorry, I don't understand... he's a human being as everybody here and not a thing :))

I tend to agree with Brosze. His private life is just that ... private.

However, if he made less of a mystery out of certain things, people wouldn't be so interested in finding him out, which he'll know, too. So in casting his smoke-screens he rather cleverly keeps interest in his person alive.
It is a double-edged sword this popularity/privacy thing. He needs to be of interest to people so that they will buy (more of) his music and yet he is loathed by the very interest. (Just my guess)
But it is, as he said himself, "a very strange profession".

@Miss Brosze
Never implied he was a thing. Au contraire. A thing has no birthday, but a man has. Yet this singer tries to let his life appear as blank as if he was a thing or a mere voice when he actually is a person.

His right and his choice, assuredly, but strange, nevertheless.

draw meinte:
I always call him Sashenka. Or Sasha.

I wonder how he would react if someone called him that to his face. ;;)

Anyway, I like the obscurity he surrounds himself with. Interesting how he managed it all these years. :-?

I'm absolutely not sure about Macedonia, but I suspect they don't use patronyms.
Bulgarians do, but their patronyms have the same "-ov" ending like surnames: Krasimir Ivanov Petrov.

BlueHeart meinte:
I wonder how he would react if someone called him that to his face. ;;)

You'd get a slightly puzzled look, I think. Far as I know he seems to get sort of weary about such antics and switches languages a lot, but that is all.

cfc-white meinte:
I'm absolutely not sure about Macedonia, but I suspect they don't use patronyms.
Bulgarians do, but their patronyms have the same "-ov" ending like surnames: Krasimir Ivanov Petrov.
In this case that is not so important because "Veljanov" appears to be his Macedonian mother's birthname. His father is German and he will likely have a perfectly ordinary German name.

The more annoying the questions, the stranger the answers, I think.
And since he seems to consider all age-related inquiries annoying, nobody is likely to get a straight answer for any such question.
--
In Russia, he once styled himself as Alexander Sascha Veljanov ... I think he rather liked the tour there, even if he doesn't liked touring as a rule ...

I don't know why anyone should expect him to tell his age...I don't like to tell mine either! B-) And many celebs have kept this quiet or lied a bit. Perhaps his mother even called him Sasha? who knows...I'm not sure if it's the diminutive in Macedonian as well or not, but if it is, it's quite likely his Macedonian family did call him that, since I know for Russians or Ukrainians at least, ANYONE named Alexander is ALWAYS called Sasha (or maybe Shura, but that's not so common), unless they actually say they don't want to be or something like that.

Wikipedia finally discovered a year of birth for dear Mr Veljanov :)) (This is not likely to make them rise in his opinion, I don't think.)
Anyway, it's the year 1965.
Somehow, I don't believe it :p

cosmicangel meinte:
So it might be possible that Mr. V. really is a Vampire...
:ymdevil:

(Sorry,I coudn't resist...)

In which case he would be a dreadfully young and weak vampire, by the way, the poor creature.
--
The most hilarious bit of thatold story is how he flirted with the image himself. I have read interviews where he just sort of leans back and says worrying about your age is for other people. With him, it's youth and beauty for ever.
Well, that was well before the silver shots appeared in his hair ... and his hands don't look all that immaculate anymore, either, come to think of it.

And yet I like what I conceive as the grown up artist much better than this picture of the youthful prince of darkness that keeps popping up.

@ Lady Ash:

I read an interview where he told something like: "The body is aging but the soul can be young and beautiful forever". As for the silver shots in his hair: I don't think it makes him less good-looking... I even think it adds (even more) dignity to his appearance. He is still a very good-looking human being and also a great artist.

I don't think he looks that young, I think he looks like a mature man, but he is still very handsome and charismatic, and actually I do prefer his looks now. I would say the lead singer of Indochine looked a lot younger for longer than Veljanov has.

Zurück
Oben Unten