DL on Wiki

emailed Sharifa, BDeuntung and Ivee Leon  check and check!  had a weird dream about Ernst last night  check!

I am half way through with the translation of the German Wiki entry. How shall we proceed? Shall I first finish and then send it to our esteemed Rabbit for grammar and language check? Or shall I post here, what I have accomplished so far?

Mods, I hope this is okay, I mean Wiki is public anyways, right?

A Dreamdancer full of questions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqzEjiT3-ts

here is one you tube interview.... Who knew that Ernst was the talker..... Im glad because it seems like he has so much to say... and  not just drivel either....

mods is this ok to post a you tube link??

Im sure we will find out....

I have found 3 more  and I will post them where I can while still playing nice with the forum :angel:

To the Dreamdancer who always has questions... may you always get the answers you seek...
we blessed with your presence here DD,  DL has no finer fans than the lot of us..... and Ernst has a new sub culture to contend with : naughty: : naughty: : naughty:
: heart2:
Rabbit

errata  we are blessed to have DD... sorry guys my keyboard is ancient. :roll:

Ok so I got a reply from BDeutung and he happily gives us his blessings to link his myspaces page on the wiki bit... Also I have asked the question of how was it that you came to be a member of DL and can we post that response.... again he was happy to answer that question and happier still to let us post that  answer!!  I have the full email from him I will let anyone here working on this project read.... I can post it with a high chance of it being deleted or I can send the response to your PM...

oh ps  BDeutung brought along Ivee and Sharifa to DL :lol: but I don't have their responses yet... stay tuned
: heart2: : heart2: : heart2:
rabbit

Response from Sharifa... We have her blessing as to being able to link her mysapces page on the wiki entry....  so far everyone has been so very very kind.....  Its not like here in America... our 'band's for lack of a better description are kinda assholes..I know this from not personal experience but stories I have heard here and there...from very reliable sources... but yes she was asked by Ivee Leon to be a backup violinist for Ivee and turns out 2 violins are better than one! so it is:))

wow a couple of my husband friends speak and write a fair bit of German... hold tight.... they also have a lot of old old goth magazines in which to check out......  I can't wait... to see what comes of it.....

I noticed that the German wiki bit separates the the article into time frames.... I hope the American ADHD brain can handle that.... thats long and chewy... Im ok with it  but we need to spread the love

ps can't wait for the new HV album.... I love Ernsts' music like a fat kid loves cake....

Mercy me! we are almost done! last little bit depends on yours truly I will be done with at months end! :( how many Americans does it take to translate 3 paragraphs from German to English??/ the answer is 3 :))

Ah, dear rabbit, this is great to hear! Right now I am busy with teaching students about Helium backscattering and Helium imaging trying to imagine that this could be somehow connected to Helium Vola *sigh* A month to go and I am with you again - promised !!! I hope that TDG can finish the project this summer :D

Always glad and happy to read you,
Yours
DD

The time for resting and integrating is now dear musician on high and scientist most lofty...

Prevail in resplendent glory the TGD will...
The shine of the sun will be envious of our worship to the DL.
:x

meeting in mind's spaces will be doing soon ;)

for you Alice and et al waiting will be had.. glory to be rendered.

UGGH

soo many really really good articles on DL that I can not find a link to or properly site... so frustrating! I am hoping that the links on the current German wiki site are correct to this date... I the main frame of the Article is not all together that different from the well composed German variety. I am hoping for lots of pics and links to magazine articles..and such... Currently I will be contacting Bernard from Sideline and asking if I can have a copy and site all the DL, HV and solo projects to the aforementioned from the past to present magazines... I will keep you updated.... My chicken self still has to write Alex about the whole name translation.. I have questions... all in good time yes all in time... Proxima is not dead but is has transmuted into a higher being of pure intellect.. she has flown this particular coop as it is to secure her self a nice place in the university of somewhere... I wish her all the best and still she must be thanked profusely as she and DD have contributed the bulk of the translations... Not to mention a hugh thanks to Lys as well.. Anyone of bilingual ability German to English and vice versa is more than welcome to help...

I think what we need now is a copyright lawyer. :(

If I switch careers I might just be that person.. :ymdevil:

signing off
rabbitfan

RaBBitFan meinte:
I am hoping that the links on the current German wiki site are correct to this date...
I checked them all when I did the translation but I can re-check at the WE.

You are really a little :ymdevil: - time will come ;)

Cheers,
DD

DD you rock also of note to others that Tapir and Deepestrotingham rocks as well..
so next its layout a polooza... what fun :))

proposal number 1

What do you think of having a huge written love fest for the DL stars and then move into the history then finish up with that beautiful write up by Lu Sha and others... I personally would love to see a space just for fans to write a little bit about them.. sort of a perspective.. any way I want photos of the band to coordinate with the chronological history of the band... Im sure Steven R can help us out there... I want to see links from every era(so to speak) of perfomances and what not

and for the love of all things green and great in this world CAN WE PLEASE GET AN INTERVIEW WITH THEM IN ENGLISH X(

Thus far the links check out beautifully ~ that speaks very clearly of German precision I have come to love and at times wonder about ;) .... :ymhug: :ymhug:

So the lay out (at least in my head) looks like this
Well built and loving intro
history with pics and videos
write ups interviews
fan love on

ok TGD what say you?
I have extra time this week so I really want to get this out there... maybe we will be done in time for the art contest to start and we can use this as our entry :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:

<3 rabbit

Hi RaBBitFan,

I am a bit slow today, sorry. I do not exactly get what you want. Is this an extra place you are talking about or is it the wiki? I guess with too much fandom we won't get an article into wiki. But an extra place for a fans' best of? That would be great, indeed :ymhug: I am sure, we will have completed this before the art contest *cough*

Your outline sounds perfect!

(As I remember, the interview on the "20 years" DVD is in English...)

I got caught up in the fan love for them... I guess instead of a fan montage we should just link this forum.. :D

I know there is an english interview on the 20 Y oAV but I wan t another one in english ... one of the older ones where Alex looks like he has partied like the rock star he is and Ernst is emphatically explaining something wonderful I m sure... I will link it later... man I can wait to get this done and out there...Its a true labor of love... because I hate double checking links and article rules and laws of the wiki world.. I can't believe you get to see Ernst perform .... I am getting pissy now.. :(

enjoy it you deserve it

rabbits

I want a flux capacitor

Hi RaBBit,
RaBBitFan meinte:
I got caught up in the fan love for them... I guess instead of a fan montage we should just link this forum.. :D
I think this is the right place to be caught up in fan love for DL and you are definitly not the only one :ymhug: And we should link this place on the English Wiki, that's for sure!
RaBBitFan meinte:
Its a true labor of love... because I hate double checking links and article rules and laws of the wiki world..
Let me know if I can help! :x
RaBBitFan meinte:
I can't believe you get to see Ernst perform
Neither do I. I really hope that this evening gets recorded so that at one point more people can enjoy the music.

A flux capacitor? Which time do you want to travel to? Or did it get an upgrade to allow travelling at speed of light through space as well?

Zurück
Oben Unten