Favorite song for a funeral

Sherlock

I am a Darkstar
Lets take things down to a morbid level ;) More people have their own choice of music for their funeral, I once went to one which played Caribbean Blue by Enya (very nice song) So my question is what would be your choice by Deine Lakaien My choice would be Love me till the end (Diana please take note!)

I guess I could get cheesy and say "Reincarnation"...but let's try a little harder than that. :D

So after a truly tearfilled session of Annihilator's Phoenix Rising, which has been on the playlist for years, I think I'd go for a slowed down version of Bells Of Another Land.

"The more that I was falling
The more I felt the light
Warmed my empty body
In an endless night"

It can't be said much better than that.

But I believe in celebrating life just as much as mourning death, remembering what was and being grateful for that. So at some point, by the end, I think Helium Vola's Selig would be an appropriate finish, leaving people a little happier.

DL doesn't have good funeral music IMO... I'd rather choose Diary of Dreams - But The Wind Was Stronger...But if it has to be DL... 2nd Sun maybe...

Oops, I missed your "...what would be your choice by Deine Lakaien...".
Hm, if it comes to DL I think I'd like them to play "The Dive (Let Me)" or "Try".

I would love "on the way to narmada" Or a new song made by Ernst just for me.....hmm silly by the way. If I ’m dead, I couldn`t listen anymore. :.(

Terry Jacks: Seasons in the sun ;)

I've loved that song sinbe I was ten or so. :) I heard he wrote that when he found out he was dying?

Non-DL song...apart from pretty pretty Phoenix Rising...I'd say Queen's Who Wants To Live Forever would be a splendid choice.

well, my the best funeral song for me would be "sonne, mond und sterne" by Das Ich... or "into my arms" by Deine Lakaien. =)

Hey! I also suppose "Into my arms" to be the perfect match for the funeral.

But when I die I'd like people just to keep silence for a while

I'd like it if the people after my death threw a party world has never seen before, and have fun like never before... I don't belive in mourning...

neither do i. i believe all this funeral tradition is just a show... a kind of show... may be i'd even like noone know when i'm dead...

Ohhhh...And I want the half of the world to know about my death! I like such shows. And may be, when our band becomes famous and well known, I'll perform something interestig.... : naughty:

One Minus One would also be a good one, I think.  It's slow and sweet and pretty enough, and with the right message too.

And I would like (apart from 2nd Sun mentioned earlier)... Away... It's one of my favourites...

Zurück
Oben Unten