helium vola

A fine illustration of a Nuem..
looking back to my Carmina Burana copy I totally forgot to mention that omnia so Remperat ...yes that is the spelling.... is a baritone solo.. that is rather fast I think 8th or 16th notes to begin with  Again this is a Nuem and the pitch and rhythm  is rudimentally(sp) supposed..  in  the HV version of this piece its a soprano solo with long drawn out notes to begin with  of coarse Orff's version doesn't have that beautiful bridge either :wink:  of note Per Sven the even more muscially skilled than I says that the HV piece Fama Tuba is really his way of rapping in latin...  I guess so : naughty: why not : smile2: 
note to readers Rabbit has limited musical training and is not an expert of any kind...
  listen to both versions of Omnia sol Temerat or remperat tell us what it thinks

: pleased: Rabbit

"fertile", yes that is what I meant of course - perhaps a "Freudian" mistake?  :cool:

I have only limited knowlegde about neums (German "Neumen") - just that there were different systems to write them down (e.g. Hildegard von Bingen used a somewhat awkward own system). But I cannot recognize one, when I hear one. I will try to find the time to look in to this more thoroughly.

However the next week, I will be gone to Malta on my honeymoon  :-D :-D

And the flight is going today. So just briefly: Thx for the explanations about singing - I appreciate it and will come back later to you with more questions, bard level3 (this rabbit seems to be a little into roleplaying games - I am too)

Omnia sol temperat is absolutly my favourite HV piece! And yes, often I like Ernst's version of Carmina Burana songs more than Orff's (also a Bavarian, btw, born in Munich). My piano teacher used to call him "Oktoberwiesen Stravinsky" (Orff not EH), but that is much too dismissive in my opinion.

For now, I will be off, dreaming sunny dreams.

WHAT!! :-o Honeymoon  well alright :-D :-D :-D

enjoy yourselves!!

did you use any of HV or DL music to march down the isle or was it a hand fasting??
  congrats..

always rabbit

THX for the congrats!

RaBBitFan meinte:
did you use any of HV or DL music to march down the isle or was it a hand fasting??

Not exactly, but I had "Minne und Treue" played later on the feast  :-D

And as Vienna Waltz I chose the Waltz from Jazz Suite No. 2 by tavarish Dmitri Dmitrijewitsch - I felt like a princess...*dreamingof(f)*

Welcome back!!

Thanks for the cultural backgroud... prussian sow indeed!- I think not!!  Koelsch  hummm sounds icky... but I drink vodka mostly : pleased:  well you could be me I'm trailer park white trash in some parts of America!!  we are a weird country  (reformed of coarse- :evil:) 

Is it customary for a waltz at a wedding in your part of the world??  what album is the HV piece you used at the reception??  I really don't want to fish through Svens 5000 + CD's...  Im sure I have heard it I just can't bring it to mind....

So you were the math girl huh??  well good..I too am the odd bird out... I cut off all my hair during the 80's to go New Wave... didn't set well with the hair farmers..... no hot dates for me in school... :-D

Ok ok the new music thing.... ummm I confused... stockhausen if I understand my history of electronica well aren't they like one of the first industrial bands ??? and Nono too??    Alice am I in the wrong hole??

contemporary music [throughout the following text the term “contemporary music” is used as “Neue Musik”, a phrase summing up classical music of the 20th century]  Please help : heart2: : heart2:

poisoned dwarf --"Giftzwerg"  is that a level 60 dwarf with a poison mallet and drum and a + 10 b : cool2:eat machine and a mad bavarian bonus? :roll:??  no its a new martini I'm going to invent!  or a new variety of mushroom.....  this gives me an idea for the art contest : naughty:

was Helmut Khol like our Bush??  if so good on Ernst ! ps did you catch what Bush did to your chancellor??  I though she was going to take him down! kinda wish she'd tried..... That Iraqi reporter is a huge hit among many circles here : naughty: : naughty:

gotta run my older girl just made it to another level in lego starwars:))

ps what say you of the new Veljanov Cd??
: heart2:rabbit

@annemi: Go on with it - it will turn out well. And technical details: Nobody understands a complete processor anymore. The last one to grab was probably the Z80 in the early 1970s

Okay, back to "In liechter varwe", carmina burana and neumes, since I did some homework  :-D !

On Malta, I visited St. Johns Co-Cathedral and could have a look at some old choral books (dated 15th century, if I remember correctly). Beautiful, amazing works - and, of course, written in neumes. Here is a picture:
http://stjohnscocathedral.com/typo3temp ... 361545.jpg[/img]

I learned later after websearching that this style is called "Quadratnotation" (transl. "quadratic notation"?), where pitch is somehow reflected but rythm not at all.
Later, modal notation and mensural notation where developed.

The codex burana is a collection of texts and poetry (about 254) most of them for singing. You can find all of them online at "Bibliotheca Augustana" (http://www.hs-augsburg.de/~Harsch/Chron ... _car0.html).
Melodies are given only for 40-50 of these (numbers depend on reference). However, in the codex buranus itself only "Akzent- oder Linienneumen" (literal transl. "accent neumes or line neumes") depicting only the direction of the melody. Most of the texts are found in other collections as well and at least 19 of them in mensural notation. The number is only what I found after a brief research. Amoungst the 44 pieces with known melody I belivied I could identify in my few-our web search, alas, there is no "In liechter varwe". :-(

RaBBitfan, I am not sure, whether I understood you correctly: You mean, you have a copy of Orff's Carmina Burana? As far as I know, this is an adaption and most the above mentioned neumes where still to be discovered - Orff only knew the texts and certainly wrote in modern notation, no?

Still somewhat puzzled,
dreamdancer

:-D
a little research on the ol honeymoon eh??  you are a true fan..... I bow before you..... : pleased:
well umm about Orff...  :|
"RaBBitfan, I am not sure, whether I understood you correctly: You mean, you have a copy of Orff's Carmina Burana? As far as I know, this is an adaption and most the above mentioned neumes where still to be discovered - Orff only knew the texts and certainly wrote in modern notation, no?'

I dont know about the timing of the found codex and what he used or how he(Orff) decided to use it... I do know that according to our Ernst that he labels In Lichter farber as Camina Burana... he clearly knows far more than I-- my info is scattered and limited as you so demonstrated.... ( no offense taken... I eagerly jump at the opportunity to learn) :-D

Thank you so much for bring forth more completed information..... Im glad you got to see the quadranotations... you lucky girl.
This is a major and worthy fan contribution.. :-D
Rabbit

Thx for the compliments and leading me into down this hole! Knew it would be worthwhile to follow you :-D
I just love to learn new things and I am even happier when I can share this.

Thx2U I will be a very happy girl this year  : heart2: (and the next and the next and the ... :wink:)

I am because of you :-D

I would not have been this involved without having that translation... :-D :-D :-D :-D I look forward to this everyday I am able.... to unravel the mystery that is the Lakaiens....I will happily go down any hole with you Alice :wink:

Rabbit-

ironically... The screen name was a slip of the tongue from my 6 year old daughter(at the time)... I just finished listening to the whole Kasmodiah album and declared that I was a rabid fan... my daughter turned to me and said...rabbit fan??  so there is that..until you brought up the Alice thing I was completely oblivious to that thought! : surprised: : heart2:

So lets keep this little universe rolling alone shall we :-D

Just in case, you have not yet seen it - the new Helium Vola album "Für Euch,die Ihr Liebt" (For you, who do love) can be pre-ordered on Amazon.

One cannot listen, but the track list sounds interesting. Some things seem to differ from the last albums (besides the fact that it is a double album). There are some songs in (Old, or better "middle"?) English.  There are 24 tracks in total, does this mean that there are no "interludes" (short "woven" sounds as the "Liods") this time? The last track is "Nuestras vidas" and I wonder whether is this a reference to Jorge Manrique...

And still 40 days to go (or 36?) Well, we will see...

Sweet dreams,
dreamdancer

Jorge Manrique...  who is he??  and  yes I have been checking it out... I so can't wait 

Jorge Manrique was a spanish poet (1440-1479). There is an English Wiki entry.

I thought, the title might refer to a part from a poem "Nuestras vidas son los ríos que van a dar en la mar qu'es el morir." (There is a good translation on the Wiki page.)

Seriously woman do you have a running list of poets running as a background programme?  amazing! : cool2:

Nuestras vidas son los ríos                  Our lives are rivers, gliding free
que van a dar en la mar,                    To that unfathomed, boundless sea,
que es el morir.                            The silent grave!
Allí van los señoríos                        Thither all earthly pomp and boast
derechos a se acabar                        Roll, to be swallowed up and lost
e consumir.                                  In one dark wave.
allí los ríos caudales,                      Thither the mighty torrents stray,
allí los otros medianos                      Thither the brook pursues its way,
e más chicos,                                And tinkling rill,
allegados, son iguales                      There all are equal; side by side
los que viven por sus manos                  The poor man and the son of pride
e los ricos.                                Lie calm and still.

I think Ernst has an old man and the sea sort of fetish... not that I am calling the immortal dwarf old... I am not... this is a strong re occurring theme.... no complaints though there is something unknown and preternatural about the ocean...I grok in fullness not waiting here of this egg :-D

I can't wait I have already pressured my link up here to make sure its in his hot hands on March 23rd  so that It can be in my hot little hands.. asap!

I just LOVE poetry - another point why I was as odd duck during school days...  : skully:

Old man and the sea; "ondas do mar" and so on, I know what you mean. I feel quite sure about this Jorge Manrique thingy, but who knows? Ernst is always up for surprises  :-D

I added a photo, I shot on Malta, where I thought just about this theme...

Anhänge

• oldmanandtheseaII.jpg
    oldmanandtheseaII.jpg
    40,4 KB · Aufrufe: 468
Yes you might right here Alice... the more I read of Jorge Manrique  The more I think so too.....  What a crazy picture!  is that a painting of a ship on this old rock? wild... surreal more like it.... Malta is a strange world  I read that It has some of that part of the worlds 'oldest signs of civilization and ancient millitary artifacts... keen!  :-D :-D

Long live TGD!

rabbit

Zurück
Oben Unten