Question

The 1st WH singer didn ’t record Ken Manage... At the Ken Manage-tape you can hear Heppner. There were no publications with the old singer and I tried hard to search a record with him but I couldn ’t find anyone......
In the 1st years there was also the brother of Markus Reinhardt a member of WH. But he left the band short time after Heppner came to WH.

It depends a little on the songs, in some it's very evident, not just the v-w's, but s pronounced z, and the whole melody of his voice. In others he sounds fluent.

Sorry... The tape with Pompeji was before Ken Manage... So there are three Wolfsheim demo tapes, not two as I thught... Sorry

There was one with Pompeji? I thought, there were just the two tapes with Heppner... Does anyone have this Pompeji-tape?

"After producing a demo tape, co-founder Pompeji left the band, suggesting Peter Heppner to be his successor." from www.wolfsheim.de

And this is 1987, then comes 1988 and

"With two more demotapes, Wolfsheim applied at labels, receiving nothing but rejections."

I finally got to hear him in german, and I can actually understand the reason they stick to english. German fits his voice, but not really their style, in my opinion. English is more suitable for mellow, drawn-out words, german, especially with R's that distinctive, tends to sound very hard and pretensious. Must sound awesome when he speaks, but music-wise, it sounds to fit Rammstein more than DL. ;)

Are there dialect differences in Germany? We have that in Norway, some areas of the country have R's almost similar to the french, and a very soft pronounciation of everything, while other areas are "harder" and more pronounced. Comparing for instance "Das Lied Vom Einsames Mädchen" with the vocals of Letzte Instanz, there's a huge difference in the pronounciations. I guess it could be the eastern European heritage as well?

There are a lot of different dialects in germany...
There are some special dialects, which can not even be understood by germans...

Oh, we have a few of those too. :lol: The southern dialect can be tricky, as well as some of the midland dialects. Up north they're mainly known for a vast amount of cuss words. One man was freed of all charges after calling a police officer a horse penis, because such words were to be considered common speech for a northerner.

Nearly every "Bundesland" has got another dialect in Germany^^
Somebody told me, that I ’ve got Hess-dialect^^ "Hessisch babbele" :D

Dialects here are almost like different languages, with area-specific words and expressions that the rest of the country don't use. I'm still trying to figure out all the odd words in this town, I moved here from about two hours drive further south.

As this topic has nice name...
Does anybody know if the tracks on Qntal/DL split tour promo are the album versions or what?
And where does Un Vers De Dreyt Nien/My Winter combo comes from?

The tracks on the promo are the album versions.

The live "Un Vers.../My Winter" 'medley' was the transition between the Qntal performance and the DL performance at the WFT tour.

The live "Un Vers.../My Winter" 'medley' was the transition between the Qntal performance and the DL performance at the WFT tour.

And where can this medley be found? I makes me very curious! I've checked the Soundfile pages by Claus, but I can't find it...

As this subject is cutely entitled I won't start a new one with the same title... I've got a question about a video... One of my friends once gave me cd's with some videos... They are not named, and I want to ask you if you know some German (I think) video in which:
- it's a late 80's or early 90's video
- guy has got a whistle and likes to use it
- people are rolling through the screen in some steel frames
- the song starts with a nice beat and this man is shouting "Work! To work!" and then shifts to German shouting the same, andf then some lyrics follow
- he's wearing white tank-top
- the video is in black & white
I don't remember more details, but maybe I'll be able to find the video and upload it somewhere if you want...

It's me again.
Do you happen to know with whom b. deutung could appear at castle party 2005? Here is the lineup
ELECTRIC UNIVERSE - WOLFSHEIM - CAMOUFLAGE - RENATA PRZEMYK AlternatiFF - EPICA - SCREAM SILENCE - CRUXSHADOWS - LAHKA MUZA - THE LAST DAYS OF JESUS, AGONISED BY LOVE - STROMMOUSSHELD - GRENDEL - FINAL SELECTION - HOLODNE SONCE - DISHARMONY - CYTADELA - FORGOTTEN SUNRISE

Zurück
Oben Unten