The Future of Helium Vola?

RaBBitFan meinte:
@ Gerbl
have you checked out Estampie? Alex even sang as a ligit vocalist in a couple of pieces ... he may sing pop but I know he can sing ligit too.. he may not have the official degree or the classical opportunities..none the less he can sing ligit... how many goth pop stars can do that?? seriously...

I couldn't agree more. Even after 9 months, I am still enthralled by that gentleman's vocal abilities. Even my Tasmanian brother, who is an opera fan, somewhat grudingly admitted ... "Well, yes, he can sing ... of course it could be more this and that, but he actually CAN sing."
Unfortunately, I still don't own any Estampie CDs ... but I adore listening to them on youtube.
---
As for special insights ... sorry to say, I don't have any. It's just that Ernst wrote this letter to the colourize forum (surely someone must have told the international board?) from which one may deduce that the infuntilov-channel of youtube is his very own little project ...

"surely someone must have told the international board?"

Not to my knowledge.. :-?

but it does not surprise me too much..!!
thank you for bridging that gap .

and yes Alex can certainly sing well. :ymapplause:

[Quick, personal rant] Urf, 5 years of learning German and I can hardly decipher a blog update. I'm truly jealous of some of you guys and your incredibly exceptional English fluency (... those with english not as a mother tongue, haha).

Still looking forward to Quodlibet, I'm a bit surprised "Fuer Euch, die ihr Liebt" has yet to receive much popularity (it got like... five reviews on Amazon! Man!), I thought it was an outstanding album. :( Ah well, I can't wait to see how this new one will sound.

Alex's voice is another thing that surprises me, I would think with a voice like that, you'd hear him in other media (some voice acting, guest work...), y'know?

@Gaberl:
Don't feel bad about your German skills. Truth be told, there are a lot of people you can read more easily than Ernst Horn. His level of language (like that of his music) is pretty advanced. I knew that even as I linked this letter and am afraid that it will also beat most translation programms hands down.

---
As for that singer's popularity - well, he did (and perhaps still does) some guestwork, which I believe is quite well done, but then again, I am perhaps not the most objective kind of person. He has rather stand-offish views regarding the "dark music" scene, which I don't believe will increase his popularity among today's dark groups. Nor would he sing just any text. That will perhaps explain the relatively meagre account of guestwork.
But here are some examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdnADi9e ... ideo_title from the early or mid 90s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25581Ebj ... ideo_title about ten years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWmJMzzQ ... re=related I don't know this one's date, but would say it's fairly recent.

Apart from that I think he might be caught in a kind of limbo: He is very, very good for a popsinger (perhaps too good?) but has had not enough classical training (didn't dare, he once said, that kind of schooling could also kill the voice) to be a serious singer. Nevertehless, having reached the peak of his personal vocal abilities, he has to decide what he wants to do.

@ Gerbl we need a babble fish injection :)) :)) :)) :))
since you seem to be a shrewd frood who knows where his towel is ;)

at best I can grok from the German /Euro fans here Ernst is a bit cryptic...in addition to our language barrier... I grok him through his music..its all I have..I heard somewhere :-\ that music is a language....

and Alex seems to be right about classical training of the voice?? its classic... how does one get a 4 year vocal performance degree in Jazz voice? or pop voice?? seems to me experience is the key to those styles... besides can you imagine a young punk Alex enduring the rigors of classical vocal training at an archaic music institution?? =)) =)) =)) =)) ....

I agree with Gerbl about the last HV album we have listened to it so much I have to buy another one... its starting to skip on track 12 white cd... thank you pre teen daughter #-o

I am dead curious about the new upcoming works from them..and will as usual hear about the album here way before I am able to get it for myself... but the wait is sooo worth it...it will be like christmas in July...

It seems we have to wait a bit longer. There is an article in a medieval special of the Sonic Seducer where "Quodlibet" is announced for autumn. And Ernst tells that he roughly followed Monteverdi's structure of "Hor che'l chiel" - one of the Petrarca pieces on "Für Euch, die ihr liebt". Especially for the beginning it is quite obvious. Check it out: Hor che'l chiel by Monteverdi

Thank you for taking the time out to share such titbits with the forum. As I am staying in Germany, I actually bought the mag, thx to you! It's well worth it, except that my German is not quite up to Ernst's ;;)

Well, on September 5 th, Ernst announced that they were now doing "vocal recording" for the new Helium Vola. Does anybody know how long these recording sessions normally take?

There is another letter of Ernst's in the German Official Fanbase in which he also talks about "quodlibet".
He says that there was a marked disproportion between the pieces, some of them ranging up to 15 minutes in length, thereby gaining undue importance. On ballance, he felt he would have had to cut out some pieces or contribute some more. At this point, there is a wonderfully ironic part in the letter, where he explains that he felt in the grip of an "endlife-crisis" and sat down to compose some more before Alzheimer could pop up over the Bavarian mountains and make him perform "Silent night" under dear Alexander's sardonic eye :D .

Anyway, he finished the composing and had Sabine Lutzenberger, Joel Fredikson and a new singer called Hannah Wagner on the vocals and now hopes to present the new Helium Vola this autumn.

Anyway, here is the link to the German letter: http://de.colour-ize.com/index.php?2012 ... ernst-horn

I thought he was test driving Hannah on FB.. knew it!

may the olde timers not take him yet... i am betting that its a case of unfettered angst...
but very good to know thanks for sharing

Zurück
Oben Unten