First song you listen to from DL

Byronic Hero meinte:
"Lakaien" sounded bit like "lachen"? I did not quite understand...my German is much worse than English, but I seems to me that the sounds of these two words are hard to confuse)

Not if you pronounce "lachen" with an English accent :D (I don't want to be mean either; I really would all but kill to have one ;) )

Lady Ash meinte:
Byronic Hero meinte:
"Lakaien" sounded bit like "lachen"? I did not quite understand...my German is much worse than English, but I seems to me that the sounds of these two words are hard to confuse)

Not if you pronounce "lachen" with an English accent :D (I don't want to be mean either; I really would all but kill to have one ;) )
Ash your accent is great ;)
I had heard that was what Alexander thought when he chose the name - that it's not just about servants of the queen or something like that...I was definitely told it was because it was like lacheln too.

Rhiannon meinte:
I had heard that was what Alexander thought when he chose the name - that it's not just about servants of the queen or something like that...I was definitely told it was because it was like lacheln too.
I understand :) I said, it is only my habbit
buuut, in one interview he said: "We are Deine Lakaien – your servants"
here it is, by the way http://www.releasemagazine.net/Spotligh ... akaien.htm
but it just by the way :)

Love Will Not Die

I was a kid. Must have been early 90s. I liked creepy stuff so I was already curious about the cover when I saw it between my Mum's LPs. And I liked the song very much when I was little. I still do, it has a nostalgic value as well now because I think that was the first thing that got me interested in things that some people called dark wave and that got me on my first "I wear black and nothing else" trip in the 90s, haha. I had a strange taste in music during the years I grew up, I listened to 90s trash like all other kids but also to everything from Elvis, Leonard Cohen, Prince, Nick Cave and yeah, also Deine Lakaien.

The song can come across a bit cheesy maybe, but I like the dark romantic feeling anyway and its art, so what...let it be over the top heartr

These days my Mum and I visit the shows together if possible. Our taste always had quite some similiar points and since I left the "I can´t like what my parent likes" attitude of my teenage years behind a long time ago everything is easier ;)

"Where you are"
I have no idea when I heard it for the first time. I found it a year ago on one of the playlists on my old youtube account and immediately fell in love with this music.

First song I heard, was Dark Star. But it happend on a birthday party in the very early nineties. So it was without intent and also not with a clear focus on the music. On that day, the Dark Star album was played as a whole, so one of this songs made me ask for the band I'm actually listening to. The rest is history. And from the release day of FEE on, I simply heard all new releases on the day they came out and in the classic track by track order of the album / single / maxi.

I was looking for the song Into my Arms from Nick Cave on YouTube. Between the results I saw Alexander and I was mesmerized. Clicked on it and damn I was blown away.

The mirror man. That was my first song I listened to from DL.
It was on a youth group leader workshop from our church community. Gosh - so long ago!
I remember asking my cousin if he knows what artist was singing. He didn't know eather. So I went to our local music shop 'Ohrwurm' and found (with a little help) ... dark star.

Zurück
Oben Unten