First song you listen to from DL

My first DL song was also Return. I saw it at night at music television and it didn ’t get out of my mind. Somehow the atmosphere reminded me of the ’phantom of the operaÓ, because I was reading the book at that time. Well, the next day I bought the CD and that ’s it.

I can't begin to explain how envious I am that you get DL videos on TV... :(

(but we get...er...Kaizers Orchestra? heh.)

1st Song: My Winter
2nd Song: Fighting the green
3rd Song: Cupid's Desease
4st Song: Away
5st Song: Colour-Ize (live 92)
6st Song: Love will not die (live 92)
7st Song: Love me to the End (live 92)
8st Song: Dark Star (live 92)
9st Song: Reincarnation (live 92)

A friend created a tape for me - and side A only with Songs from Deine Lakaien. He gave this tape to me saying the words: "I discovered a new and real good band". I heard the tape and loved the musik from side A :)
(Side B played songs from Lacrimosa and Silke Bischoff)

That's what you call good friends. :)

I'm working on converting my friends too, one baby step at the time. :) Good thing Alexander's voice is deep and melodic enough to appeal to stubborn Johnny Cash fans.

I can't begin to explain how envious I am that you get DL videos on TV... :(

Well i only saw the video two times and then never again. Music television nowadays is absolutely boring here. I hope that one time they bring their videos out on dvd

That would be neat. :) If you find a DVD called Beauty In Darkness 6 (with pretty pretty Betty Page on the cover) it's got the Generators video on it, at least. :) Worth a buy just for that.

I'm working on converting my friends too, one baby step at the time. :) Good thing Alexander's voice is deep and melodic enough to appeal to stubborn Johnny Cash fans.

I've also tried to do so with friends who haven't...erm...seen the light yet ;-) But no luck so far!

I once wrote a piece on my website about a DL-concert and I included a link to a gothic/dark wave show on a Dutch internet radio station. It featured the songs Into my arms and Secret Hideaway. A collegue of mine, who is very much into regular chart music, thought she might like the music and wanted to hear more. So I made her a litlle mp3 cd...never worked out: she found the songs a little to difficult and dark... :-| ;) Ah well, luckily I have three friends who also like DL very much :)

I've also tried to do so with friends who haven't...erm...seen the light yet ;-) But no luck so far!

Same with me. I sent them songs and lyrics, but I guess their mind is other world to make a connection. Well, that happens when they try to convert me to their music; it's just not possible. :p

(Sometimes I feel that it should be like this, like my special place, just mine. Well and yours also!)

I must say that VNV has great remixes... DL, Das Ich and many more are for me just club must-haves, and they all sound like they were VNV songs (maybe apart from Destillat)

Indeed, VNV makes good remixes. But I do also like Ernst his remix of the VNV song Beloved. It's still clearly a VNV song, but also very recognisable as a piece of music by Ernst.

BTW: Welcome to the forum, RedDeath :D

...But I do also like Ernst his remix of the VNV song Beloved...
Yes, that one is great, it gives the song a completely new dimension. Ernst once said in an interview that he was surprised how good Ronan's singing was. And indeed the remix is singling out his voice.

Did you ever listen to Ernst's remix of Wolfsheim's "Heroin, she said"?

No... But it must be sth special... As with Das Ich - Krieger remixed by Ernst... I also like Fighting the Green remixed by Das Ich...

I never heard Ernst's remix of Wolfsheim's "Heroin, she said"...but I am *very* curious....;)

The remix is quite interesting. Ernst smoothed the harsh elements and turned it into a more introvert song. It sounds completely different.
You can find it on the Zillo Mystic Sounds 8 Sampler. LINK

BTW For 'encyclopaedic' information about remixes and side projects you can go to Claus' site http://www.sound-file.de/start.html. (Unfortunately it works only with IE)

Ar...evil evil IE. :( I think I disabled the entire browser, it's just a magnet for viruses and spyware, and always acts up when I least need it...

Zurück
Oben Unten